StudentsReview :: Becker College - Comments and Student Experiences

Becker College

This will be my second year at Becker

Aug 16 2014Design Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etc
This will be my second year at Becker. The first was pretty good. I hope this one is too. I am in game design so there are lots of other students to talk to which makes it fun. There are a few game industry talks and meetings to go to and other things like game jams so I am as busy as I want to be. I give the college a good rating.
1st Year Male -- Class 2017
Individual Value: A, University Resource Use: C+

On one hand lots

Feb 08 2014Business - Management and Administration
On one hand lots of good things are going on at Becker. New buildings new computers, new professors. But in my major thereis nothing new. I am wondering if I should change my major or transfer. I like Becker but I am worried.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2016
University Resource Use: B+, Education Quality: D+

I think people need to visit any college

Jul 06 2014Design Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etc
I think people need to visit any college they are considering before they make a choice on May 1st. Is the school a good fit? Can you see yourself becoming friends with the people you meet on campus? Are the professors approachable? Each college is different and it is important to find one that works for you.

I think Becker College is a great school. The staff and faculty want the students to succeed and are willing to help if you ask and are willing to put in the effort. As you advance in the design programs, more classes are project based so you can't wait until the last minute and expect to get good grades. The more effort you put into college, the more you will get out of it!

The students are friendly and I like the fact you can choose to live on either campus. I chose the Worcester campus and have no complaints. The school isn't a big party school but there are clubs and campus activities, speakers and events - more than any person could possibly do.

The school has approximately 2000 students and class size is small. Most of my classes have 20 students and the range has been from 6 to 28, with only one introductory class around 50. If you want to disappear in the crowd, that won't happen at Becker.One of the most important things about Becker is the vision of the administration. They want Becker to continually improve and are clearly putting in the effort to make this happen. The school is now listed in Princeton Review's Top Colleges, the game program has been ranked in the top all five years, the nursing program has an incredible pass rate, etc. There are even plans to add graduate programs at some point in the future.

3rd Year Male -- Class 2015