StudentsReview :: Towson University - Comments and Student Experiences

University of Maryland, Baltimore County -- Baltimore, MD

Towson University

Coming from Montgomery County, Maryland I earned one

Jul 18 2014Communications
Coming from Montgomery County, Maryland I earned one of the best educations a kid could dream of. Being a transfer student from Montgomery County College in Rockville, MD I was excited to move to a big school farther away from home. Don't get me wrong I love Towson and have made many life-lasting friendships here, but the quality of the education here is horrifying. I had to switch majors just because as an Economics major none of my professors spoke any english. Basically if you're not a Nursing major or Education major this school is a waste of your time, money, and energy.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2016
Campus Aesthetics: A, Education Quality: F

Some of the history

Apr 28 2014History/Histories (art history/etc.)
Some of the history teachers are incompetent and lazy. Some are good. There are many classes that are unnecessary and useless to the major.
1st Year Male -- Class 2014
Faculty Accessibility: B, Useful Schoolwork: F

I am a transfer student from a community

Jun 01 2014Education
I am a transfer student from a community college in Maryland and I would say towson has been a relatively good experience. The school offers competitive programs in education and nursing especially, most people are offered jobs before graduation. The campus is currently in a transfer phase from a commuter college to a full on state school. Most of the buildings are new or being renovated and a new 40 million dollar is being planned alond with even more student housing. The actual campus is extremely safe, I fact it is probably the safest in Maryland. The constant crime alerts are from areas around towson. Towson itself is a pretty upscale suburb with a fair amount to do. Also with the construction of a 60 million basketball arena and the recent success of our football team, the sports at towson are becoming top notch. People tend to give towson a bad rap for its past, but to be honest towson is quickly on the rise and soon to compete the academics of Maryland. Also, Greek housing soon will be built, I am proud to say I'm a tiger. Visit the campus and give it a chance before turning it down. Great bang for you buck!!
3rd Year Male -- Class 2019