StudentsReview ™ :: Towson University - Comments and Student Experiences

University of Maryland College Park -- College Park, MD
University of Maryland Baltimore -- Baltimore, MD
University of Maryland, Baltimore County -- Baltimore, MD

Towson University

I am just so disappointed with Towson

Mar 12 2014Other
I am just so disappointed with Towson. Almost all of the professors I've had here have been condescending and unapproachable. I'm registered with disability services because of a hearing impairment and its just been a constant struggle with professors in implementing the accommodations that are supposed to be available for me. Unfortunately a lot of the students are not any better. Much of what I have encountered is people who either have never heard of manners, drink themselves into a stupor every weekend, or are too lazy to pass some of the easiest classes I have ever taken.
Scholastic Success: A+, Education Quality: F
Jan 27 2014Education

In the tours and everything, they brag about the food, but in all reality, it sucks

University Resource Use: A+, Faculty Accessibility: C

Towson is a good school to get an

Dec 30 2013Biology
Towson is a good school to get an education. Depending on your major, you will most likely end up with a great job. Classes are challenging and it is getting harder and harder to get in. I believe right now we have an acceptance rate around 40%-45%.

That being said, there are some MAJOR MORONS at this school, and I don't know how they got in, or how they can possibly be passing. Not only are they idiots but they party ALL THE TIME and I really don't understand it.

While the school is a good one, some of the professors are ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE. This is my third (and last) time transferring and I have to say these teachers are the worst. You can ask other students here...but its as if these professors literally WANT you to fail their class..I'm not kidding.

As for having a social life....well if you don't die walking around campus (seriously the crime is getting really bad) than you might have fun (bars, parties, the harbor) but you have to be EXTREMELY outgoing to make friends here, because not a soul is going to go out of their way to talk to you. TRUST ME. Not one. I suggest maybe joining a frat/sorority.

Out-of-state students reading this and thinking about coming here - GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!! This school is full of Marylanders who hate people from out-of-state, and honestly I think it's a jealousy thing, I really don't know but I'm serious. There are so many people here from NJ/NY and guess what, they all stick together just like all the people from MD who went to high school together...always together. No one breaks away from their "groups" and its stupid.

Thus, if you're a bright person and from MD, this school might be the school for you. Out-of-state people....if all you want is a good education, come here....but if you're looking for a good time as well, TRUST ME when I say you will think this school/the people here are sooo lame, and you can EASILY find a better school than Towson.

3rd Year Female -- Class 2015