StudentsReview :: McDaniel College - Comments and Student Experiences

Dickinson School of Law of Penn State -- Carlisle, PA
University of Delaware -- Newark, DE

McDaniel College

I go to McDaniel, and almost went to

Apr 06 2014Biology
I go to McDaniel, and almost went to Washington, but didn't in the end, and I'm SO glad I didn't. There's a whole circle of private liberal arts schools in the midatlantic, each with their own reputation, and Washington has the worst by far. I've played them in field hockey before, and the girls on the team seemed really rude and snooty, and when I talked to some of them, they all told me that they have almost no work at school...their parents pay their whole tuition, they don't do any work, they play field hockey, and they drink...it was ridiculous, and nothing like what the school had said to me at the open house I went to. It's not a serious school at ALL, apparently. I've heard so many terrible things about that place since I started college. There's a lot of genuinely bright kids there who are broken-spirited because they aren't getting anything for their money. All the other schools in the area really do not like them. We all see them as lazy and rich kids who don't work for anything and party all the time because they're not assigned schoolwork. I'm just putting this out here for any kids who are looking at the midatlantic liberal arts schools. Don't go to this one. They pull out 15 smart kids and use them in all their advertising to make them look like they care about academics. It's a scam.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2015
Collaboration/Competitive: C, Faculty Accessibility: F

I went to Western Maryland College ( McDaniel College) hopi

Aug 29 2013Communications
I went to Western Maryland College ( McDaniel College) hoping for a great experience with great people and a good education. What I got was a mediocre education, with some classes being easy and others being harder, my private high prep school was harder then college. The people on this campus were close minded, immature, self absorbed, arrogant students. Rumors spread rampant on this campus and gossip was common. I am an open minded and creative person who did not related to many people. The girls were slutty and only into who they get laid by. In terms of job readiness, I was ready to enter the work force before, but there career counselors were worthless. The connections they brought to the school were awful. Who wants to make a career with John Deere. I went to professional school after leaving McDaniel, to only find out that the school had a shitastic reputation. I did make a few life long friends from there, the greatest thing I learned was that from a person who was not on financial aid and paid upfront is that would never waste another dime at this school. For the amount one pays to go their, AC should be mandatory. The nickname is still great McDonalds University!
Preparedness: B- Reputation: F

McDaniel is the shittiest little college with the

Feb 09 2014Accounting
McDaniel is the shittiest little college with the shittiest little people. The campus police make it their mission to bust students--for anything. There's nothing to do but drink, and everyone does, and the CamPO will bust you. CamPO stalk the dorm hallways at all hours of the night. Really. There's nothing like getting up in the middle of the night to pee and bumping into one of those guys outside your door. They barge into rooms in the middle of the night search everything--drawers, fridge--everything till they find something to bust you for. If you happen to be asleep, they report you as "unconscious" as if you were passed out from drug use. The CamPO prowl the halls to bust made up "noise violations." Then there's the disciplinary hearing--the alleged charges include all sorts of things that you did not do and they make you plead guilty. The dean is the prosecutor and your only adviser--they don't call any witnesses who might actually tell your side of the story. The deciding board are a bunch of haters who just want to see you hang. Faculty and coaches leave you hanging out there with no support even though they begged you to come to their school in the first place. There's no evidence that liberal arts free thinking is tolerated. The town is completely gross with housing projects right next door to the campus. There is no shopping within walking distance. The food is horrible.
Get free info from: McDaniel College