StudentsReview :: D Youville College - Graduate (MS/PhD) Ratings

Females 11
Males 0
Avg years at University 2.8
Research Quality D (2.2)
Research Availability C+ (5.3)
Research Funding C- (3.7)
Graduate Politics C- (3.9)
Not Errand Runners D+ (3.1)
Degree Completion B (7.1)
Alternative pay [ta/gsi] C (4.6)
Sufficient Pay C- (3.5)
Competitiveness C (4.3)
Education Quality C+ (5.3)
Faculty Accessibility B (6.6)
Useful Research C+ (5.1)
"Individual" treatment C (4.4)
Friendliness C (4.6)
Safety C+ (5.1)
Campus Beauty C (4.4)
Campus Maintenance C+ (5.6)
University Spending C- (3.5)
Extracurriculars C- (4.2)
Scholastic Success C- (3.6)
Surrounding City D+ (3.0)
Social Life/ Environment D (2.6)
Research QualityD
Degree CompletionB
Lots of changes on campusOct 31 2018Other
Lots of changes on campus. The administration, policies, building and finances are all changing. These changes are haphazard and not with the students in mind. I would not recommend that anyone start here or trust the stability of the experience during this transition. Beyond the untrustworthy changes to policies and general atmosphere the historic building where generations of my community has gone to school is being damaged and disrespected with remodeling that is saddening much of the student body, and the asbestos exposure is not being properly controlled.
The professors use the same test over andMay 08 2014Physical Therapy/Exercise Science
The professors use the same test over and over and some students have access to these. They score in 90s and when these same students take final comprehensive test they cannot even score 66% . They take the same test again and pass. This kind of PTs are produced at D'Youville. Some professors allot 5% extra to some females and bring their scores up from 77 to 83 and refuse to bring 82 to 83 for some other colored students. If they don't like you they can make your lab exam horrible and fail you in it. Your partner may fail to do good 10 times and yet score 100% and you doing everything right will fail to score the 82.5%. Student entering a doctorol program being dismissed at 3.4 GPA when professors manipulate the grades and give you more than 3 B minuses. Loads of discrimination.
I went to DYC for my undergraduate andNov 14 2013Business - Management and Administration
I went to DYC for my undergraduate and had nothing but issues. I believed them when they said dont worry about the about taking the GMAT test because i was an undergrad and wouldnt have problem with a low grade. so I focused on Stats instead. Got a lower grade just under two other people with were VETS. After 15 credits they told me that i would have to take the test over again or leave. And if i didnt get 550 instead of 300 I would not be able to continue. 15 credit! they put me off...and wanted me to continue until after another test...another 250 dollars. The other two people did not have to retake the test. And nothing was said about it. I was only able to transfer 8 credits to Medaille Adult College. They pick and choose who they want to stay or go. if they dont like you or you dont go with there way of thinking your out and they will use whatever means they can to do it. there was a student they knew they were going to get rid of because they told me that they were going to use the GMAT to get rid of him. I guess me too when I didnt agree with the fact that the STATS professor couldnt teach. The learned how to teach from You tube. REALLY because he even told me about the person he liked on there for teaching.
This school is a complete jokeOct 24 2010Other
This school is a complete joke. It is way over priced, students cannot pass their license exams when finished, the classes are just thrown together without any real direction, there is no communication between any departments or offices, you can email professors numerous times without response and no one knows any answers to questions of license exams. DON NOT GO HERE!!! YOU WILL REGRET IT!!
Do not go hereApr 17 2010Other
Do not go here. It is the worst financial and professional decision you could ever make. The department treats students very well the first couple of years and when you get into your internship they treat you like crap. I was also shocked by the level of immaturity and the amount of bullying endured from these 20 something classmates of mine. I have never been soo upset and depressed to go have to go to class in my life.
This is the worst school I have everApr 29 2009Other
This is the worst school I have ever been to. The financial aid office is a joke and my department is more concerned about students doing a worthless thesis rather preparing them for the board exams. Other schools do not require chiropractic students to do a thesis because it is not required to become a chiropractor. The only reason we have to is because this joke of a school wants to obtain university statis. It is impossible to transfer because our curriculum does not match up with other schools with this program. This school is also way too expensive. DO NOT GO HERE!!! YOU WILL HATE It and OWE $200,000 for 4yrs of study.
I went to this school for the physicalApr 22 2009Physical Therapy/Exercise Science
I went to this school for the physical therapy program, it was the worst school i have ever attended, the professors in that department are a bunch of morons, they all think they are so powerful, but really that are a bunch of no life idiots. Worst school, worst city, worst educational experience of my life. DO NOT GO THERE!!!
Do not go to this schoolAug 06 2008Other
Do not go to this school. It is way too expensive and the financial aid office do not know what they are doing. It is a depressing place in a dirty and depressing city. If I were able to go elsewhere to finish my doctorate I would.
Mar 07 2005Education