StudentsReview :: The College of Wooster - Comments and Student Experiences

Denison University -- Granville, OH
Ohio Wesleyan University -- Delaware, OH
Earlham College -- Richmond, IN

The College of Wooster

My department is amazing and I am very

May 14 2014Philosophy
My department is amazing and I am very happy to be part of it. We have philosophy roundtable every Thursday where students and faculty get together to do philosophy. The school itself can do better, but it certainly does a spectacular job of hiring the best and the brightest. Come to Wooster if you want an astounding academic experience, but do not if other factors such as city life are more important to you.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2015
Education Quality: A+, Surrounding City: D+
Jan 02 2014Psychology

Great School if you are truly interested in learning. Great for going to good graduate schools. I made friends for a lifetime.

2nd Year Male -- Class 2015
Education Quality: A, Surrounding City: B-

I read a lot of online reviews before

Sep 02 2014English
I read a lot of online reviews before making a decision and it completely twisted my perspective on this school! Online, it looked vigorous, academically challenging and overall, nice. The professors were rated highly.. however, I couldn't have been more tricked!! All the professors I've had so far have been extremely unprofessional and irresponsible, leaving me feeling jipped. They haven't taught me anything, and I sit in class watching my money go down the drain just over some readings that I could very well do on my own. One sits on the table, tells us to call him "Rob," and smells of smoke. I wish someone would have told me how many people smoke cigarettes around here. It's disgusting. Students here are average. No one sticks out. Basic. Boring. Bland. Bleh. I was looking for a more "artsy" school with "diversity," but the "diversity" Wooster promotes is simply how many international kids they attract with large scholarships.
1st Year Female -- Class 2018