StudentsReview :: Moravian College - Comments and Student Experiences

Elizabethtown College -- Elizabethtown, PA
Lebanon Valley College -- Annville, PA

Moravian College

Ok so I feel like this school hasBrightBusiness - Management and Administration
Ok so I feel like this school has a bad reputation on this website and I want to clear some things up for potential students. I spent a year at Moravian, for the first semester I majored in nursing and for the second semester I majored in business. I have found myself unhappy here and will be transferring to Rowan University. With that settled, lets get into the review:The nursing program is definitely one of the MOST important programs at Moravian. With that being said, they do have an intense nursing program. I started out with a class of about 70, and by the second semester that number dropped to about 40. While the staff is helpful, when you transfer out of the program you realize that there are not a lot of options to explore outside of nursing. Plus, the degree isn't worth a lot outside of the Lehigh Valley because most people do not know the school. While I did meet many wonderful people here, the school is VERY SMALL AND CLIQUE-Y. Plus, most people that attend Moravian are local so the school becomes a ghost town on the weekend because everyone goes home. The social scene isn't very strong here on the weekends- you have to sign in to the frats if you want to party, and most of the off campus parties are the same people crammed into an off campus house. Also, you always have to bring your own drink. It's very much a bar school, with the freshman who like to party getting fake IDs by the second semester. If clubs are your thing, don't get excited. Moravian doesn't have a lot of clubs and the few they do have are falling apart. I'm involved in a few and it's really not worth it, most members do not show up half the time. I really did like Moravian in the beginning and chose it because I wanted a small school but if I could go back in time knowing what I do, I would never come here. If I could sum it all up in one sentence, it would be "Moravian College is for the kids who didn't want to leave high school." There is not a lot of opportunity to grow as an individual and a student. Do yourself a favor and pass over this school. Unless you're a nursing major, this school is not worth the money you will pay to go here.
1st Year Female -- Class 1922
Individual Value: A, Education Quality: D+
I would never recommend Moravian College to aQuite BrightArt & Design Department
I would never recommend Moravian College to a single person. The level of respect that you get from professors, even the Assistant Provost is so shockingly low it seems as if they do not want people to attend. I was told that my grades don't matter by the Assistant Provost because the course was simplified for a few of the students in the course. I paid for a regular full force course, NOT a simplified course. The head of the Graphic Design Department, Camille Murphy, is the most condescending, disrespectful person that I have ever met. If you want to be talked over and your thoughts and ideas ignored, she's the person for you. The worst part of the school is that everything that I was taught (other than a few business courses) was all repeat from what I learned in High School. There was no challenge and I feel like I just wasted thousands upon thousands of dollars to attened Moravian. I wish I chose a different College to go to. This has to be the worst schooling experience that I have ever had.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2019
Friendliness: D-, Education Quality: F
I have been attending Moravian College for awhileQuite BrightReligion/Religious
I have been attending Moravian College for awhile now. I am a lifelong learner in the academic world. I would never suggest anyone to go here. The student body has become sad in recent years. Many of the international students should not be enrolled in these courses. They do not understand English and make learning nearly impossible. I was going to finish my degree here, but it has become too difficult to even learn anything. I had a creative writing course one summer and the majority were Saudi's who could not read and write on a level where they could be in a class like this. The faculty is hit or miss. I have had a FEW great professors like Dr. Radine and Dr. Moeller. To be honest, I got a better education at Northampton Community College. I currently have a psychology class and let me tell you, we are not learning anything about psychology. It's simply busywork for students. I noticed in recent years professors have become really big on assigning busy work. If you're a creative and individualistic person, do not go here. You will feel like a fish out of water amongst the student body. Many are not open minded or innovative in their thinking. Very hard to relate to people like this. I feel so saddened by my experience, and now I will owe $50,000 once I leave this semester. I should have stayed at community college and saved in tuition expenses. You can't help but be so disgusted when you realize you made a mistake like this.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2017