StudentsReview :: Tusculum College - Comments and Student Experiences

Tusculum College

This college is one of the most positive

Aug 13 2011Psychology
This college is one of the most positive places I have ever experienced. Every time I call or need help, there is always somebody who jumps through hoops to do everything they can to help me. I heard a few bad reviews but none of it was true. There are always students who dont do their part in the classroom, which leads to bad grades. Those students usually lash out at the Professors or the school itself....and I'm pretty sure that's what happened here. Tusculum is a great school and I am honored to attend.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2013
Education Quality: A+,

in the begining i loved tc

May 12 2011Biology
in the begining i loved tc. I wanted to get away from my hometown and it was perfect. Faculty and staff used to know who you were and new you by name. now it kind of feels like they have a 100% acceptance rate and the more people that come the better. they would talk about small classes and i used to have class sizes of maybe 10-15 students and i like that, but now its 25-30 students trying to use only 15 microscopes. every yesr they pick a handful of students they dont want to graduate and they find an excuse to keep you here longer and longer. saying "your missing 1 credit" 2 days before graduation. the finacial aide office is a joke!! I am a first generation collage student and all they did was tell me to get student loans. tuition is crazy expensive and the professors dont have any relations with the community so finding an internship is damn near impossible. There are only a few goos professors and all the other pick favorites.
4th Year Female -- Class 2008
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Education Quality: F

The psychology program is amazing

Mar 15 2014Psychology
The psychology program is amazing. I couldnt imagine being in a different program at tc. The faculty treats me like an individual and are very caring. Dr. Pope, Dr. Harlow, and Dr. Garris are three of the best professors i have ever met.

However, maintenance in the residence halls are terrible. The cafeteria is terrible. The pizza tastes like plastic. Sometimes the only thing to eat is a sandwhich. And the cafe workers are very rude to the students. For what I pay to attend this school, I expected a nicer room and edible food.

I would advise people to attend for education purposes but be aware that it is not going to be a great college experience and you can do better at a less expensive school.

They are also trying to get rid of the block system which I find not helpful becAuse the block system is what kept me here for so long. It would also be advisable to keep up with your credits yourself. They will try to prevent you from graduating as much as they can. "Youre lacking 1 credit" so many students hear this when it comes a week before graduation. You would think they would let you know but no..they want to keep everyone there.

4th Year Female -- Class 2014