StudentsReview :: ACT College - Comments and Student Experiences

ACT College

Terrible place.Not so brightFine Arts - Painting/Sculpture/Photography/etc
Terrible place. Please avoid at all cost, I beg of you. I barely could finish by classes and get a passing grade cause the professors screws me over and over again. Never in my life have I experienced such rude and unprofessional people in my life, ever. I thought that the high school I went to was terrible - this school takes the cake. It's really terrible. Extremely rude professors that doesn't care about you or doesn't want to be there and teach, no matter what ratemyprofessors said about them. If you read a lot of ratemyprofessors and they students gives them a high score and say they're very nice and friendly. Please don't believe them, no matter what ratemyprofessors said about them. They are extremely rude, all of them. I will try not to type a curse word in the review, 'cuz I'm so pissed off about this school and extremely mediocre it is. Ever since I was in high school, I was scared to graduate because I know if I go to NOVA, my life will be miserable, sad and rough. And I was right. I was right 100 percent. This school ruined my life. If you're reading this, prepared for one thing and one thing only, this school doesn't care about you or the student. They care about money, and only money, nothing about student success or seeing them doing well or wanting them to succeed and make something important out of themselves. The counselors are extremely terrible. I barley met a good one there and they don't know what they're talking about. If they choose the wrong class for you, they don't care and they will not care if anything bad happens to you. They just want your money and nothing else. The students here are the worst I've ever seen at a community college. The students starts drama, disrespects the teachers, sleeping, texting, browsing Facebook on their phones and surfing the web on their laptops. It's really depressing, really. And if you talk to one of those students, they barely wants to speak or shy's away from you and pretends like you're not there. The food here is pretty bad, I literally threw-up eating some of them - not all of them are terrible, but all of them are. Back to the students... I was there, so I was constantly laughed at of them and called ugly and I have no value. Some of the other staff here is very bad. I have been verbally attacked, laughed at by them on a yearly bases, it's sad really. If you report them, they will do everything in their power to screw the student over and over again. I reported a professor here about telling me to end my life saying nobody loves, and they suspended me from the school for 2 years, 'cuz they said I was reporting false information and I was lieing, when I wasn't, I was being 100 percent truthful. And finally, the professors here are extremely rude, they make my high school teachers blush. I met one professor there who told me to kill myself, 'cuz he said I'm unimportant, worthless and have no value. The other teacher there said my penis is nothing and for that she said I have no value, called me unimportant, and idiot and nobody cares about me. I also toke an Art class there and they teacher, my duration of the class, told me to kill myself, said she doesn't like me, said I'm ugly, hidoes and said then nobody likes me or loves me, then she told me to kill myself. The police who works there are extremely rude, said I have no value, said nobody cares about me and then laughed at my face. They never really wanted to help me with my problem, so I was on my own. Then I came across a women that works at NOVA cares and she embarrassed me infront of my doctor and told me to kill myself later afterword. The financial aid is very terrible here; they never wanna help you out or the student, so they just ignore them. One gentlemen there told me to kill myself and a young student there actually said nobody loves me, then that women, I think she's in her thirties said that I'm ugly. This school was a good school a decade ago and the 90's, 80's, and 70's and now, it's terrible. Please do not come here, this school is run by power-hungry idiots who don't care about you. This school should get reviewed, 'cuz the current staff is terrible. I am reviewing the Alexandria campus, so it's not that good. Go to the Annandale campus, where it's a lot better there. But still not great. This is a budget school, so you get what you pay for. If you want a good budget community college, then go to SouthWest Virginia Community college. It's a lot nicer there, friendly staff, and nice classes at a good price. It's the best CC in Virginia, so it's amazing there. I know that it's couple of miles away, but it's amazing there and trust me, it's worth it there. Amazing school. My final score for NVCC: 2/10
5th Year Male -- Class 1922
Surrounding City: B-, Education Quality: F
This is a GREAT school if you areQuite Bright
This is a GREAT school if you are gay, transgendered cis-gendered (whatever that is), ungendered, de-gendered or or are just generally conflicted in that area. Also a great place to find multiple Fbuddies. In other words, there are hormones galore here, and you'll find just about anything you can imagine.

There's a football stadium here and it is rumored that the football team is half-way decent.
That said, it must be stressed that sex and football won't get you a job, and I really doubt that a degree from this place will get you very far either, no matter what you study. I'm studying to get a degree that (at present) is in demand. There are too many teachers who are 60+ years old and ready to retire and a lot of just-graduated teachers who aren't too smart. I hate to say it, but it's true.

Campus life? What's that? 85% of the campus packs up and leaves on Thursday night. If you are an out-of-state or a foreign student, you will need a car to escape the campus. Escape as in dodge the criminals that hang out on the edge of campus. The bus into town isn't much help because you'll find yourself crowded in with a bunch of thugs going down Tryon Street. Do yourself a favor. Go into severe debt and go to a better school. You will stand a better chance of getting a job after you graduate. Just a couple of weeks left for this place, and I'll be gone. I won't miss it.

Campus Maintenance: A, Surrounding City: D-