StudentsReview ™ :: Cornell College

Brown University -- Providence, RI

Cornell College

Major: Geography and Geosciences (This Major's Salary over time)
Gender: FemaleThis person cares more about Safety than the average student.
Intelligence:
ACT:
SAT:
University Resource Use F
Describes the student body mostly as:
Friendly, Approachable

Describes the faculty mostly as:

Faculty Accessibility A+
How this student rated the school:
Educational QualityA- Faculty AccessibilityA+
Useful SchoolworkB Excess CompetitionA-
Academic SuccessA- Creativity/InnovationA-
Individual ValueB University Resource UseF
Campus Aesthetics/BeautyF FriendlinessA-
Campus MaintenanceF Social LifeB
Surrounding CityC Extra CurricularsB
SafetyF

I loved the block plan (one-class-at-a-time, where each class takes 18 days). It afforded me opportunities to travel with my classes that would never have been possible at a different school. A few classes were harder this way (Calculus and foreign language for me), but those were still completely workable. I was actually a double-major (Art in addition to Geology), and all of the ratings I gave for "My Department" actually apply to both departments. For all departments I came in contact with, for that matter. One thing you do have to be prepared for is that your social life may not be handed to you. I heard others complain about the lack of things to do in Mount Vernon. I, personally, never had this problem, but I also don't require a big city to be amused. You do have to actually try to find things to do from time to time. Both Cedar Rapids and Iowa City are within half an hour to 45 minutes away.

More Comments on Cornell College