StudentsReview :: Grand Canyon University - Comments and Student Experiences

Long Island University Brooklyn -- Brooklyn, NY

Grand Canyon University

Great RN-BSN program for

Jul 07 2014Nursing
Great RN-BSN program for a busy student like me. I am learning a lot from this RN-BSN online classes. Instructors are very friendly, professional, and they understand student's hardship. So far (7th courses) I am very happy and SO GLAD chosen GCU to do my BSN degree. HIGHLY recommended!!
1st Year Female -- Class 2001
Education Quality: A+, Social Life: B

I love GCU

Jul 01 2014Unknown
I love GCU. I spent 2 months shopping and comparing both local and online universities. GCU spent hours discussing options in my education and financial assistance. Of the other 4 or 5 universities that I contacted GCU was the only one that took the time to even call me back. I am finishing my second year and the work load is difficult with my Algebra class being a real bear. It is difficult to cover a thousand pages of work in seven weeks, but honestly I am quite impressed with the techniques the teacher used. Now all the other universities have tried to recruit me. I tell them no way. The teachers are understanding and helpful. I have never had a teacher or an advisor not return my calls or emails promptly. They are all so nice I often feel like I am talking to good friends. They are always extending themselves trying to make sure they are doing everything they can to help me.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2016
Useful Schoolwork: A+, Campus Maintenance: C

I have loved my experience at GCU

Jul 01 2014Sociology
I have loved my experience at GCU. I will be graduating this year in the fall. The instructors are very knowledgeable and they encourage you to expand your critical thinking skills. Although, many of the students are Christian, I have experienced a level of respect and maturity that is rarely displayed in other colleges. My academic advisor doubles as my financial aid advisor which is convenient.I can get many of my questions answered with a simple phone call to my very supportive academic advisor. The only con that I can think of is that this school is expensive compared to public four-year colleges that are in-state. However, I believe that the education from here is top notch and the level of attention that I receive is enormous. If I had to do it all over again, I think I would. As a person who is not devoutly religious I have learned a lot about myself and how Christianity fits into the academic arena. I would have never learned this if I went to a secular university like ASU. I think being an in-state student has more advantages than being out-of-state because most employers recognize your degree credentials. So far, I haven't had a problem with my degree being recognized. GO lopes.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2014