StudentsReview :: California State University Northridge - Comments and Student Experiences

California Polytechnic State University-San Luis Obispo -- San Luis Obispo, CA
San Diego State University -- San Diego, CA

California State University Northridge

I was originally planing

Aug 17 2013Communications
I was originally planing to attend an out of state art college. But after reading reviews and visiting the campus, I'm so glad I chose CSUN. I love the classes and the professors are so accessible and helpful. My dorm was nice and overall have enjoyed my college experience at CSUN.
1st Year Female -- Class 2013
Education Quality: A+, Individual Value: A
Jul 03 2013Sociology

It's a commuter school, but a respectable amount of students dorm.

1st Year Female -- Class 2015
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Social Life: B-

Completed Finance BS in 2000

Jul 07 2013Finance
Completed Finance BS in 2000. Have not been able to get a job in this field. I think Finance is a useless major, especially from a state college like CSUN. You will be qualified to be a salesman.

San Fernando Valley is crowded and smoggy. Like the rest of LA, people will run over you if you get in the way. Administration was fairly rude. Most of the professors were competent and approachable. After 9pm, most of Northridge was closed. After night class was over, we often ended up at Denny's. The town in mostly strip malls.

Little career guidance or help. School job fairs unproductive. Paid $75 for their career assistance service. All I received was some resume writing advice and an appointment with a recruiter which was cancelled. The one positive feature of CSUN was low tuition. My advice is try for a school with a reputation, like UCLA or Pepperdine.

2nd Year Male -- Class 2000