StudentsReview :: Trident University International - Comments and Student Experiences

Trident University International

I would have never gone to TUI orBusiness - Management and Administration
I would have never gone to TUI or whatever name it is now. It was a waste of money and time. I never received one call back and most people straight up front called it a diploma mill. (Job Recruiters?)I ended up doing my last two years over at a NCAA division one school and getting my MBA at Belmont University. What a complete waste of time and effort this school was.
(B.S. in Computer Science) - I list thisQuite BrightComputer Science
(B.S. in Computer Science) - I list this review as overall Positive because I studied hard and earned my degree. The staff that helped when I needed help during classes did so without question and knew their subjects well. Overall you can get a degree from Trident University International without putting a whole lot into it. If you're looking for a quick Computer Science studies degree, Trident is for you. If your looking for cutting edge studies in the CS realm, I'd recommend you attend an in-residence school.

***Department - Looking back at the University program I felt that there are sometimes I was doing the work to progress through the program. However deeping into the Core classes I felt they did better. OVERALL - YOU'LL HAVE BUSY WORK AT TIMES, BUT ITS WHAT YOU PUT INTO IT.

***The University - Unfortunately I didn't get to see the campus because the program was all online. ALL B- for fairness of my review.***? Social / Interactive - While researching everything online and nothing at the local campus, the students of my classes seemed engaged. However the B- ratings were because I had online studies.

3rd Year Male -- Class 2012
Friendliness: A+, Education Quality: C+
I attended Trident part time while serving inQuite BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
I attended Trident part time while serving in the military from 2008-2013, completing my BSBA with a concentration in Finance. Trident University is different. I attended Texas A&M in-residence for two years before joining the military, and I tried a couple of online schools before I settled on Trident. My experience has been fantastic. Here are some things to consider about this school: There is a LOT of writing. When I went to Texas A&M it was mostly busywork and multiple choice tests on scantrons. None of that here. You will write two well developed essays every two weeks for every class. You will have to prove to your professor that you understand the lesson and can apply the concepts. This works great for me. I hate having my time wasted with busywork, and I think competancy based education is the way to go. The second thing you need to consider is that there are NO texbooks. I consider this a positive. No textbooks = no money for textbooks and no reading textbooks. There are lessons presented by the professors, then a list of required readings from the internet and the school's online library of academic journals, and some optional readings. For every essay in every class you will have to cite some of these sources and others you found in your own research. The theory behind this is that it teaches information literacy. This school isn't for everyone, but it's definately for me. I just graduated last week, and I have no regrets. The faculty is friendly and helpful. I had no trouble getting help from my professors when I needed it, even calling a few on their cell phones from time to time, and the schedule is completely self paced. This was necessary for me during deployments. If our base internet connection went down when I had a paper due it was no problem, as long as all work was done before the end of the term. Brick and mortar schools offering online programs tend to try to make a square peg fit in a round hole and require pointless things like logging in at certain times to hear a video lecture. Trident University has the distance learning model down.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2013