StudentsReview :: Trinity Christian College - Comments and Student Experiences

Tufts University -- Medford, MA

Trinity Christian College

Trinity has professors who really care about youQuite BrightPsychology
Trinity has professors who really care about you and the small class sizes create an environment for significant academic support. There are lots of student activities that can be fun too attend as well and lots of opportunities for spiritual growth. HOWEVER... sexual assault is a huge problem here and goes completely unaddressed or swept under the rug by RA's, RD's, and other faculty. The men have no consequences whatsoever and the women are judged and ostracized in the community if they speak up. In my four years I was aware of 5 incidents of rape or molestation (these incidents were not rumors- I specifically knew the victims). The security guards and Dean of Students are totally ineffective and I did not feel safe. You can get away with leaving threatening notes, drinking excessively on campus, raping someone, or vandalizing the cars of other students while parked on campus. If you're a die-hard criminal, Trinity is the place for you! It was truly disappointing. Trinity is also very cliquey. It is a more judgmental version of high school.
4th Year Female -- Class 2015
Faculty Accessibility: A-, Surrounding City: F
I'm going to talk a little bit aboutBrightBusiness - Management and Administration
I'm going to talk a little bit about the social life and types of students here...
I transferred over from Hope College in Michigan in hopes of staying grounded in my faith and meeting new people, all the while staying focused on my major (business) and embracing "college life" by meeting new people, maturing, and just enjoying myself. I have to say I was disappointed. The first day we got put into groups (the newbies) so we can socialize and get to know Trinity a little better. The upperclassmen were so cliquish and standoffish that it made it a little difficult to go to them for help. The groups/Bible study groups you're put in make you feel like you're back in high school. You don't feel like you're on your own because the other students are always in your business it seems. Students are immature and look scared to talk to you. Now, I can understand that college is intimidating at first and it can be stressful adjusting, but Trinity is a small school so why should you be scared to talk to people? Things just seemed off here...At Hope things were different in that people gave you space but at the same time were open and kind and said hi to you here and there. Here at Trinity people keep to themselves when they're around you for the most part as if they're not allowed to speak. But, since its such a small school (believe me, its small) word gets around VERY fast. Another thing that threw me off were the weekend activities. It seemed that unless you were part of a clique, you weren't exactly wanted. I participated in some clubs but soon stopped attending them because no one was there for a purpose other than gossip and talk about the teachers. I got the feeling that the students did not like people of other religions. I also noticed how MOST of the students attending had previously attended small Christian schools that didn't have much culture and diversity.

The only positive aspect about this school are the teachers. Most of them are super helpful if you cooperate with them. But ultimately, your college experience will mostly depend on your social circle and the people you meet, so keep that in mind when looking at this school...So I guess if you're looking for a school to really socialize and be yourself, not get bored, and embrace diversity, and constantly have something to do, then Trinity isn't for you. It's not that kind of school. However, if you're looking for something small and prep-like that feels like a community college, go for it.

1st Year Female -- Class 2016
Surrounding City: A, Social Life: F
Trinity is a great looking school.Quite BrightEducation
Trinity is a great looking school. I have been here for two years almost three and haven't had many problems with staff or students. Beware of some things, such as who you talk to in financial aid, especially to a person named Denise she can be very rude and hard to get in touch with. Also if you get a mentor some of them can be negative. For the most part e c everyone else is very nice and polite.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2016
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Useful Schoolwork: D
Compare TCCSave TCC

According to NPR, the cost of college tuition an... more→