StudentsReview ™ :: Tufts University

Females 1
Males 2
Avg years at University 3.7

Jun 08 2013Other

Their programs are in direr need of an accrediting bodies audit! Save your money for some place else.

Feb 06 2011Unknown

I can't wait to transfer

I was an undergraduate at Tufts too and

Jul 04 2002Chemical Engineering
I was an undergraduate at Tufts too and overall the politics are terrible and being a graduate student, the faculty doesn't care about the individual. Graduate students are very low paid and in fact my department does not have money to pay the students. I had to teach for another department to afford my rent. It's strange that a school that raises undergraduate tuition every year hasn't raised graduate student salaries for cost of living in five years. Larry Bacow (the president) and the other deans & trustees must be taking cruises to Bahamas and Bermuda every other month.

Tufts University is a Research I institution along

Jan 09 2002Computer Science
Tufts University is a Research I institution along with Harvard, Columbia, and MIT. Tufts, however, is different from the others when it comes to the ratio of faculty to students. One Ph.D. advisor in my department has at most two Ph.D. advisees to supervise. This gives students a great opportunity to get to know their advisor, unlike other bigger research schools where students are just a number. In my department and in Tufts in general professors call students by nicknames and everyone knows everyone. It is a great learning community.
Efficient Representation of Cluster Structure in Large Data Sets