StudentsReview :: The University of New England - Comments and Student Experiences

The University of New England

Honestly if you are reading this and thinkingQuite BrightBiology
Honestly if you are reading this and thinking about coming to UNE for a great college experience, then don't. I'll be the first to say that UNE has given me a great education, but that is thanks to the great faculty and the fact that studying hard for 4 years is your only option because life there is so dull and more like living on a high school where you have to watch your back everywhere so you don't get in trouble. Forget about having a beer in your room, you would've thought that you killed somebody the way the Dean's Office handles it. The administration is terrible, many of the people in power including the Dean's Office have very biased views and have let the politics get to their head. In my opinion, as well as talking with many faculty members, the higher ups at this school don't even have their best interest in mind. For them, its all about looking the part and shaking hands...forget about the students or professors. So, come here if you want to study hard for 4 years and get into graduate school, but other than that don't even think about it!!!
4th Year Male -- Class 2013
Scholastic Success: A+, Individual Value: F
The people here are generally friendly and theBrightBusiness - Management and Administration
The people here are generally friendly and the staff in most offices are approachable. The RAs are always a helpful resource and have fun activities/programs. I personally love going to sporting events with my friends. The food is alright. Breakfast is my favorite. Living in Sokokis is a bonus because I have the forum as an eating option. With a gluten intolerance it's sometimes hard to eat at Decary seeing as they don't always have a gluten free option so I sometimes am stuck with a less than filling salad. I've made great and lifelong friends here at UNE.
Education Quality: A, Surrounding City: C+
Having gone to a big state school (UMassBrightKinesiology
Having gone to a big state school (UMass Amh) prior, I can honestly say that I prefer UNE. Class sizes are smaller which means more individual attention. It also helps when the Professor actually knows your name. There are plenty of fun things to do around campus if you take the time and learn where to find them (kiosk in the Campus Center). As a commuter, it was hard my first semester trying to find friends, initially, but I feel that I have settled into a good group of friends that I've found through clubs and organizations. If you do decide to come here, get involved, it looks great on your resume and its a fantastic experience, especially here at UNE. Sure the party life isn't extravagant but after going to UMass, I'm kinda burnt out in that department. I've learned a lot about myself through my college experience and I'm glad that its now at UNE. I cant wait to see what this University has to offer me in the future.
1st Year Male -- Class 2016