StudentsReview :: The University of New England - Comments and Student Experiences

The University of New England

The people here are generally friendly and the

Sep 16 2014Business - Management and Administration
The people here are generally friendly and the staff in most offices are approachable. The RAs are always a helpful resource and have fun activities/programs. I personally love going to sporting events with my friends. The food is alright. Breakfast is my favorite. Living in Sokokis is a bonus because I have the forum as an eating option. With a gluten intolerance it's sometimes hard to eat at Decary seeing as they don't always have a gluten free option so I sometimes am stuck with a less than filling salad. I've made great and lifelong friends here at UNE.
Education Quality: A, Surrounding City: C+

School seems to care

Aug 06 2014Undecided
School seems to care more about getting their money and spending it on silly things than the actual students. Money could be used to expand and improve programs rather than fill the pockets of the upper level administration.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2015
Education Quality: A, Useful Schoolwork: F

Having gone to a big state school (UMass

Sep 16 2014Kinesiology
Having gone to a big state school (UMass Amh) prior, I can honestly say that I prefer UNE. Class sizes are smaller which means more individual attention. It also helps when the Professor actually knows your name. There are plenty of fun things to do around campus if you take the time and learn where to find them (kiosk in the Campus Center). As a commuter, it was hard my first semester trying to find friends, initially, but I feel that I have settled into a good group of friends that I've found through clubs and organizations. If you do decide to come here, get involved, it looks great on your resume and its a fantastic experience, especially here at UNE. Sure the party life isn't extravagant but after going to UMass, I'm kinda burnt out in that department. I've learned a lot about myself through my college experience and I'm glad that its now at UNE. I cant wait to see what this University has to offer me in the future.
1st Year Male -- Class 2016