StudentsReview :: The University of New England - Comments and Student Experiences

The University of New England

Most of the teachers are on the younger

Feb 25 2014Business - Management and Administration
Most of the teachers are on the younger side so they can relate a little more than other professors at other universities. The sports events are really fun to attend. Making friends with your floormates is fun and super easy. You all become a family quickly. The workload is obviously harder than high school but some may need to study more than just 3 hours, some may need 5.
Education Quality: A, Social Life: C+

After finishing one semester here, I can say

Jan 02 2014Athletics/Training
After finishing one semester here, I can say that the only think I enjoy is my bed. Within the first week after move in, everyone had already formed cliques and had no intentions of meeting other students. It's hard to be in college with only one friend, trust me! I want to be a real college student! I want to be able to go out and party and explore new places and meet new people! The University of New England will never allow me that. I hate it!!
Education Quality: A, Social Life: F

I transferred out of this school after two

May 23 2014Psychology
I transferred out of this school after two years because of my incredibly negative experience here. Unless you are pursuing OT or PT, this school is a huge waste of money. They do not fund non-OT/PT/Athletic programs well at all. Please note, even the marine science program is having their funding pulled (as of 2014). They do not offer tenure to good professors, so those incredibly helpful and kind professors leave. Had i gone to a state school, I would not still be paying off my student debt. The president of this school is fixated on making it the "Harvard of the north" - I don't think she knows Bowdoin and Bates are in Maine. Shoot, even the University of Maine has a better reputation than UNE. Don't make the same mistake I did.I transferred to UMass. My best professors actually told me they looked at UNE but when they realized what a mess it was, they went with UMass. I got a job and had better connections because of UMass than i would have had with UNE.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2012