StudentsReview :: Kettering University - Comments and Student Experiences

Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology -- Terre Haute, IN
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute -- Troy, NY
Case Western Reserve University -- Cleveland, OH

Kettering University

There are very few girls and Flint sucks,

Dec 10 2002Mechanical Engineering
There are very few girls and Flint sucks, but you can tell that from the first 5 minutes of the tour. A lot of the students here are nerds compared to highschool standards, mainly because with the amount of studying required you'll have to become one. More than half the students drop out. I enjoy my educational, because there are no bs that arn't related to my major. Also, everyone here has to take a lot similar classes, because there's only like a dozen majors. On the weekends, at least 3/4 of all the students, including Freshmen drink. It is easy to avoid it though, when wanted. And then there is the Co-Op program, to put it simply I'm 19, and I have already been the main engineer for a new method for the Russians to examine there diamonds. Yeah its pretty cool. If you come here you will get depressed, you will fail a class, and you will have to work your ass off to pass. However, we get an engineering education far above anyone elses.
1st Year Male -- Class 2006
Faculty Accessibility: A, Campus Aesthetics: F
Dec 23 2001Mechanical Engineering

This school blows. do not go here!!!!!!

I have been at Kettering for 1 term

Mar 18 2003Mechanical Engineering
I have been at Kettering for 1 term so far and I love it. The work was a little more difficult than I thought it would be, but I am writing this review from my Co-op job where I am making 2300$ a month at 18 years old. My job also pays for my apartment and utilities. People respect me when I tell them what school I go to and they tell me that they know that I am going to be their boss one day. While Kettering will NOT give you the normal college experience (eg-spring break, parties all the time, and summers off), you will get something a lot better. You will actually get an education that will help you in the real world and you will be someone and have a career right out of school. If you want to party and never study, do NOT come here. Go somewhere easy-like Purdue...If you come to Kettering expecting to skate by like you did in highschool, you will fail, and you will drop out. The average student at Kettering never studied in Highschool either, but you will have to here. I wouldn't go anywhere else becuase I have the best future out of any of my friends from highschool. Think about it; with the economy the way it is, who are the companies going to hire? Someone who may have a degree from Cal Tech or MIT but no experience? Or you, who has been working for them for 5 years? Just something to think about. Oh, and I am a female, and I've heard what the guys say about us..."Kettering: helping guys lower their standards since 1919 (or whatever the date is)" But i hate to break it to them...they're not that great either. And yes, Kettering is a school full of nerds...but it's an ENGINEERING school, people! What did you expect?!
1st Year Female -- Class 2006