StudentsReview :: College of the Ozarks - Comments and Student Experiences

College of the Ozarks

While I do not feel four years could

Jan 12 2014Education
While I do not feel four years could adequately prepare anyone to go into a high poverty school and reach success immediately, College of the Ozarks paved the way for me. Not only did an administrator personally call to give me a job recommendation, but multiple members of the faculty and administration have continued to stay connected with me and have become a valuable resource. I would not be where I am today without College of the Ozarks. I am 28 years old, own my own home and have 0 debt. Not many people who go into education can say that.
Starting Job: Teacher Preparedness: C Reputation: B+

My overall experience was a positive one

Jan 17 2014Business - Management and Administration
My overall experience was a positive one. I made some life long friends and had some great professors. I know of at least three my professors that are no longer at College of the Ozarks. The on campus work experience was an interesting one, Everyone has to work 15 hours a week and 2 forty hours work weeks per year. These work hours help pay for your tuition so, the good thing is that I left school owing $2700. I know completely unheard of! I have been able to follow my dreams without hesitation. Once a person has a degree its up to them what they do with it. I am really tired of people blaming outside influences on their success or failure.
Starting Job: Assistant Manager Preparedness: B+ Reputation: B+

I attended College of the Ozarks for four

Jan 12 2014Education
I attended College of the Ozarks for four years paying less than $12,000 for all my expenses. This was NOT because I qualified for much need based financial aid, but because I took advantage of College of the Ozarks financial aid available. The administration at CofO are seen around campus and make themselves available to students because they are there to help. I am not saying with CofO's rules that everyone will fit the college, however, if you read about what College of the Ozarks is about, then you will quickly be able to tell if you would fit in that environment. It is not a school for "rebels" or "liberals". If you are willing to follow the rules and work hard, College of the Ozarks will provide a great education and an amazing community atmosphere for you.
4th Year Male -- Class 2008