StudentsReview :: Baldwin Wallace College - Comments and Student Experiences

John Carroll University -- University Heights, OH

Baldwin Wallace College

I regret coming to Baldwin Wallace almost every

Oct 30 2014Accounting
I regret coming to Baldwin Wallace almost every day. The atmosphere of the school is extremely clique-y, and if you're not greek or an athlete you will have a very hard time finding events to go to or fitting in whatsoever. The offices you will have to deal with (aside from Career Services) will belittle you and bully you - especially financial aid and residence life. The positive is that I will have a great career after I graduate. I do not credit BW with this achievement; I made my own luck and worked hard to make connections in the Cleveland area. Berea is a nice location because it's close to the city but small enough to be safe. I would not recommend to anybody to go to Baldwin Wallace.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2016
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Social Life: F

I realized the only things I like about

Aug 11 2013Psychology
I realized the only things I like about BW are the psychology department and Jacket Express. I think all the professors in the psych department are brilliant and highly educated. I like Jacket Express because you can use it for books, food, and other things in the bookstore. Other than that, I hate this school. The education is great, but the tuition could be better spent elsewhere and for much cheaper as well. This has turned into a for-profit university, with radio advertisements and whatnot. I HIGHLY regret choosing this school. It's miserable.
1st Year Female -- Class 2016
Useful Schoolwork: A+, Social Life: F

There are both good and bad points to

Aug 16 2014Psychology
There are both good and bad points to this school. I transferred in this spring, and while I wasn't super excited about attending, I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of professors here. The professors I have had were wonderful; my Writing prof, especially, was possibly one of the best professors I've had at any college I've attended, and I've been to several.

However, this does not excuse the appalling state of the financial aid system at BW. Despite having gotten straight As for the past four semesters, BW did not (and still has not, and they told me they will not) offer me any merit aid whatsoever, and the need-based aid they offered was quite frankly nowhere near enough for me to be able to afford to go back this fall. I first tried getting my financial aid worked out back in May, but when I called, the woman I talked to told me that no one bothered working on financial aid until August, and wouldn't let me get a word in edgewise before hanging up. When I went in to talk to them in person this month, they refused to alter my award at all. The woman I talked to tried to force me to take a work-study job in a daycare, despite the fact that I told her repeatedly that I am not good with children and I had applied for other campus jobs that I was actually qualified for. But no, apparently the only acceptable solution for this woman was that specific job! I wouldn't mind working almost any other job, but you would think that if someone told you they're not good with children, you wouldn't respond by telling them they MUST work with children!Basically, don't come here if you believe financial aid offices should aid students financially, and have high enough grades that you should qualify for merit aid at literally any other college in the country. If you probably wouldn't have qualified for merit aid anyway and can afford the tuition, do come here, because all the professors I've had are fabulous. That being said, so were all my professors at Tri-C, and I never had to worry about paying my tuition at community college!

1st Year Female -- Class 2016