StudentsReview :: Baldwin Wallace College - Comments and Student Experiences

John Carroll University -- University Heights, OH

Baldwin Wallace College

I realized the only things I like about

Aug 11 2013Psychology
I realized the only things I like about BW are the psychology department and Jacket Express. I think all the professors in the psych department are brilliant and highly educated. I like Jacket Express because you can use it for books, food, and other things in the bookstore. Other than that, I hate this school. The education is great, but the tuition could be better spent elsewhere and for much cheaper as well. This has turned into a for-profit university, with radio advertisements and whatnot. I HIGHLY regret choosing this school. It's miserable.
1st Year Female -- Class 2016
Useful Schoolwork: A+, Social Life: F

I believe that the education here is great

May 07 2013Psychology
I believe that the education here is great. The tuition, however, is grossly overpriced. All of the students' money apparently goes to give D3 athletes scholarship money, too...There is virtually no night life here at BW, and the financial aid office only cares about your money (but what school doesn't?). The campus is really small and not that appealing..I felt more like I was walking down a neighborhood street than walking on a college campus. Coe Lake is beautiful ,though. The freshman dorms are dismal...There aren't very many amenities here, and the campus seems to wind down at around 8pm. I wish the library were open 24 hours...Overall, if you're only focused on education, this is a great school. But it's pretty miserable here when you're looking for social events.
1st Year Female -- Class 2016
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Social Life: D

I have only POSITIVE things to say about

Apr 20 2013Art & Design Department
I have only POSITIVE things to say about Baldwin-Wallace. I have attended private schools, state schools, and community colleges (education is important to me, obviously!), and I can honestly say that I had the most wonderful experiences at Baldwin-Wallace, both academically and socially. I cannot comment enough on how intelligent the professors are, how perfectly challenging the curriculum was, how kind the students were, and I honestly just think BW has a great system overall. I am writing this review because I am currently at another school receiving another degree, and I should have gone to BW to do so. The college I am at now has been nothing but problems, and I am truly missing the organization and great reputation of BW. I plan on taking more classes at BW in the future.
Preparedness: B+ Reputation: A