StudentsReview :: Baldwin Wallace College - Comments and Student Experiences

John Carroll University -- University Heights, OH

Baldwin Wallace College

Nov 30 2014Business - Management and Administration
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
I graduated from Baldwin Wallace. I think the core requirements were very challenging and not useful at all. I think they should go away with many of the courses that they offer in there core like art appreciation and philosophy. The school should stick to more of the major than actually the core of the school. The school is very expensive to attend and the class sizes are small. The best thing that this school offers is that if you like your major professor you will succeed in your major.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2017
Extracurricular Activities: A+, Education Quality: F
Oct 30 2014Accounting
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
I regret coming to Baldwin Wallace almost every day. The atmosphere of the school is extremely clique-y, and if you're not greek or an athlete you will have a very hard time finding events to go to or fitting in whatsoever. The offices you will have to deal with (aside from Career Services) will belittle you and bully you - especially financial aid and residence life. The positive is that I will have a great career after I graduate. I do not credit BW with this achievement; I made my own luck and worked hard to make connections in the Cleveland area. Berea is a nice location because it's close to the city but small enough to be safe. I would not recommend to anybody to go to Baldwin Wallace.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2016
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Social Life: F
Aug 16 2014Psychology
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
There are both good and bad points to this school. I transferred in this spring, and while I wasn't super excited about attending, I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of professors here. The professors I have had were wonderful; my Writing prof, especially, was possibly one of the best professors I've had at any college I've attended, and I've been to several.

However, this does not excuse the appalling state of the financial aid system at BW. Despite having gotten straight As for the past four semesters, BW did not (and still has not, and they told me they will not) offer me any merit aid whatsoever, and the need-based aid they offered was quite frankly nowhere near enough for me to be able to afford to go back this fall. I first tried getting my financial aid worked out back in May, but when I called, the woman I talked to told me that no one bothered working on financial aid until August, and wouldn't let me get a word in edgewise before hanging up. When I went in to talk to them in person this month, they refused to alter my award at all. The woman I talked to tried to force me to take a work-study job in a daycare, despite the fact that I told her repeatedly that I am not good with children and I had applied for other campus jobs that I was actually qualified for. But no, apparently the only acceptable solution for this woman was that specific job! I wouldn't mind working almost any other job, but you would think that if someone told you they're not good with children, you wouldn't respond by telling them they MUST work with children!Basically, don't come here if you believe financial aid offices should aid students financially, and have high enough grades that you should qualify for merit aid at literally any other college in the country. If you probably wouldn't have qualified for merit aid anyway and can afford the tuition, do come here, because all the professors I've had are fabulous. That being said, so were all my professors at Tri-C, and I never had to worry about paying my tuition at community college!

1st Year Female -- Class 2016