StudentsReview ™ :: Wittenberg University - Comments and Student Experiences

Ohio Wesleyan University -- Delaware, OH
College of Wooster, The -- Wooster, OH

Wittenberg University

Most of the negative reviews are form students

Nov 04 2013Biology
Most of the negative reviews are form students who probably didn't want to come here in the first place or who just had trouble leaving home and living in a college environment. I went to a boarding school for a couple of years so I acclimated easily to dorm life at Witt. My major, biology, is difficult, but the professors have been great. They are accessible and are willing to meet and talk. I was initially concerned about being from out of state, but I have made friends for life here from all over the country. The new President is making an impact by cutting expenses and raising revenue to make up the budget shortfall of the previous administration. There is an emphasis on fundraising and recently a well known alumni has pledged several million dollars to upgrade athletic facilities. I have also volunteered with my athletic team to work young kids in the city. It has been a great experience.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2016
Faculty Accessibility: A, Collaboration/Competitive: C

Wittenberg University has many great things going for

Oct 25 2013Accounting
Wittenberg University has many great things going for it, however, the bad outweigh the good. The campus feels unsafe with all of the parties that go on, and it seems like nobody cares about the student's safety. Don't let its reputation fool you, Wittenberg is just a place where people go to get high and drunk. I tried bringing up issues with my head RA, and I was told that if I complained more about the school, then I should just "leave because nothing is going to change here at Wittenberg." As a college student, you should feel welcome and safe on your campus, at Wittenberg, if you don't party, then there is no reason to come here. This University is falling apart.
Surrounding City: A+, Collaboration/Competitive: F

Terrible memories!

Sep 15 2013History/Histories (art history/etc.)
Terrible memories! It's true....all there was to do was get drunk/stoned.
A few good professors for sure but the best thing about was that with APcredits I was able to graduate in only three years.
Preparedness: F Reputation: F