StudentsReview :: Wittenberg University - Comments and Student Experiences

Ohio Wesleyan University -- Delaware, OH
College of Wooster, The -- Wooster, OH

Wittenberg University

A wonderful school with a strong academic component.BrightPhysics
A wonderful school with a strong academic component. I was able to almost write my own ticket to graduate school at any number of well-known universities. The social life can be limited but that was not important to me. I was able to build friendships with a good number of students in my department and related programs. The monetary cost is high but that is just the way it is with private schools. Do your best to obtain whatever financial assistance you can, work to earn money during the summer (and other breaks if you can). It is a challenge but when you come through it your life will be better.
4th Year Male -- Class 1974
Education Quality: A+, Social Life: C
Wittenberg is a great school.BrightBiology
Wittenberg is a great school. Great professors, quality education, small classes, free printing. The biggest problem is the outrageous tuition cost, which is the very reason I could no longer go here!

I was a low-income student who didn't have any financial help. Consequently, I wasn't able to stay on campus unless I was able to shell out $10,000 out of pocket and I was very left out in my First-Year Seminar class.

My freshman year was terrible. I endured 3 family deaths in the span of 3 months (August, September, & October) of my freshman year, so I ended up failing and being put on academic probation. After the first year, I decided to retake classes during the summer after being informed that we get aided financially. I passed them all with flying colors! However, after the summer was up and fall semester trickled in, I was hit with a large fee of $7000 as a result of those summer courses. This resulted in a hold on my account to register for Spring semester until I paid off every last dime.

On top of that, I sent in a request to the dean to change my F's to W's (for withdrawals) and explained my situation and I got a big fat rejection the next day.

I ended up having to leave the campus to transfer to Clark State Community College, which is treating me better by the way. So essentially, I gotta retake everything -- and I mean, EVERYTHING -- from English 101 to the First-Year course and to other general education classes I already took at Wittenberg, all because they're holding onto my transcript until I pay them off.

My advice to any poor, low-income student who's doing it all on their own, do not go here. Don't go here unless you have financial help from your parents/guardians/whomever. Also, never take summer classes unless you want to spend a leg and an arm. They don't give you jack squat aid for summer. It was a mistake coming here and I still owe them $7000 that'll only get higher since they charge monthly $50 late fees until it's paid off. I'm going to be paying them off for ages and that's awful since I plan on going to medical school in the future.

It sucks because I love the school otherwise, but its financial burden has weighed significantly on my mental health and wellbeing.Off-topic -- good luck getting AP/IB credits transferred here. They only take 4's and up for AP and only 5's and 6's for IB. Anyways, here's some recommendations for spectacular professors -- if you're gonna take any courses from the following departments): Dr. Finster (Chemistry department), Dr. Collier/Yoder (Biology department), Dr. Wagner (Sociology/Criminal Justice department), & Dr. Pollack (English department). And Religion 177R is tedious & boring, unless you're really into morality/ethics and lots of reading.

1st Year Female -- Class 2019
Education Quality: A+, Individual Value: F
To be honest, visiting this school they makeQuite BrightBiology
To be honest, visiting this school they make it sound GREAT. They specifically make sure the food is good, they make it sound like you are getting a great deal. Then when you get here, the food sucks, the dorms are falling to shambles, except the new one. They choke you with schoolwork, teachers don't like to give high grades, NONE of the community school credits I had fully transferred even though they should've. They trick you. I felt cheated after I got here. I had an on campus job, they didn't let me return because I didn't act the same way as other workers and wasn;t good friends with people i worked with. EVERYTHING IS A POPULARITY GAME. I am paying 16,000 a semester to be cheated swindled and stomped on. I AM LEAVING.
1st Year Female -- Class 1920