StudentsReview :: Valley Forge Christian College - Comments and Student Experiences

Valley Forge Christian College

If I could do it all over again,Quite BrightOther
If I could do it all over again, I'd do it differently.
Currently on my way out of University of Valley Forge. Graduating with a high GPA, was heavily involved in my time at the College/University.

I used to tell people that if they were looking to go to school for ministry, Valley Forge would be the place to go, but not to attend if it was for the purpose of any other liberal arts degree. But, now I change my tune to say that I will tell anyone I am close to to stay away from this school.

Professors, for the most part, are great, and I hate to see that they are dragged down to working at this school when they are so brilliant and care so much about the students. This is the reason I used to tell people to come to this school for ministry. However, the past few years have been rough on the university, and much of it has been self-inflicted. Administration does not know how to manage a university, causing the little/no money had by the university to be spent in the wrong ways. The school is not only having retention problems when it comes to student population, but now they are even losing professors!

A classic example of this would be the university's Youth Ministry Program. In my three and a half years at the university thus far, the youth program has gone through three "Youth Specialists," meaning that every student in that program has had to deal with a program overhaul every year, putting them in that awkward and non-productive "rebuilding" phase.

I also used to be one to vouch for the Student Life department at this campus, thinking that they were sincerely only around to help students and give a good experience. But, I have joined the majority of students who now really only feel that Student Life exists to be the Spiritual Police and hand out fines for any small infraction to the Student Handbook. (Let it be known that I have been a student who has never received disciplinary action for breaking rules, and I still find them to be suffocating). I know many students who feel that they need to "take a break" from ministry or working with a church after they are done with this place, simply because they feel that they cannot live under a microscope that is looking for a reason to discipline them any longer.

I would have transferred out of this school when I had the chance, but most of my credits would not be accepted by most colleges/universities, meaning I would have had to stay in school for 5-6 years in order to receive a B.A.

The classes are not even slightly challenging. I understand the "you get what you put into it" mantra, which is slightly true, and I have done exactly that with the professors that are available, but honestly, it does not take effort to pass classes with B's and A's. I have had a professor say to me, "Honestly, I am only a few weeks ahead of you in this material, they just needed someone to cover this class." If that doesn't make you feel like the $30,000 price tag is worth it, I don't know what will. If I could go back and do it again, I would have chosen to go to a university with a reputation, maybe even in a different field other than ministry, and went on to seminary from that point. I try really hard not to be bitter towards this place, but it seems to be difficult based on the hypocrisy and double standards that I have seen and been subjected to. Things feel more like a "Do as you're told, not as you've seen" attitude.

3rd Year Male -- Class 2016
Surrounding City: B, Useful Schoolwork: F
I went here for 3 years.Quite Bright
I went here for 3 years. I met some genuinely amazing friends and some genuinely horrible people. It was disappointing to see how much hate could be spewed from a Christian college. Different individuals who were studying to be pastors were the nastiest people I had ever met. They spew hate and arrogance all over facebook and people applaud the hate they spew "in the name of Christ." I love Christ because I believe Christ is loving, and the amount of hate on this campus is disgusting and not of Christ. You are literally treated like a five year old while attending school here. There are so many rules and other students will literally "tattle" on you for the dumbest things. The punishments are ridiculous as well! Some professors are nice and approachable, while others are awful. The main reason you should not attend is not in fact all the awful things I mentioned above, but because their financial aid and student accounts department has to be the worst on the planet. Everyone knows this that attends school there! They messed up my account so many times and I am now in agonizing debt because tuition is ridiculous and because of their many many mistakes. I was also notified of all mistakes every single year, way after any drop dates of classes so I had no choice but to remain in the class that I was unable to pay for. It was a ridiculous and vicious cycle that happened way too often. I left the school two years ago and am still dealing with the mistakes they made to my financial aid and student account. The stress they have caused me is ridiculous and when confronted they do nothing to address the issue except hold your transfer papers or diploma forever and send you to collection agencies despite them being at fault for the mistake to your account. I hate that I went here and am so glad I transferred. If you decide to still attend get ready for tattling students, fake students with a few good ones in the batch, constant mistakes and added debt to your accounts, and the nagging feeling that you are behind in life for being in your early 20's and not married to the first person that comes alone and bats his/her eyes at you.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2013
Friendliness: C, Education Quality: F
Okay please read this people.Quite BrightPsychology
Okay please read this people. I was once just like you looking for a college that i could easily get into or that my friends were going to. Okay WORST IDEA EVER!. Look if you are the following: Happy, confident,caring,charismatic person then please look elsewhere. Also if you are a person that has been through a lot in life and came into christ this is no way in hell the place for you. The students here are just awful i mean really, its only 3 groups that you can be apart of here the whores(if your a girl) the rejects or the nobodies.Its no in-between. If you're a friendly person you better learn how to be mean They will take your kindness as weakness. There's too many fakes here i mean everyone will get on there knees in chapel but as soon as thats over good luck.I say that they are broken souls because a go 90% of the students and trust me you can tell its 90% because no one goes here you see the same people everyday.But right they are broken because the 90% of people that go here have had some type of traumatizing past that they have not let go of. They have not truly come to christ in there own way. They act like they did because of family or friends or peer pressure. There are so many homo sexual and fakes and liars in this school you won't even be able to count them on your fingers or toes!. Most of the students here are very awkward, thats why if you're confident they will look at it as arrogance. If you're good looking and nice the guys and girls will see you as fake. If you ever do visit people look at how everyone carries themselves no one walks around with there head held high its always looking at the ground like they are waiting for the ground to talk. Very depressing place and something else thats funny you always hear crows every day not one day since attending have I seen or even heard normal birds and the school is right next to a nature park!!. Whatever friend,boyfriend,girlfriend you followed here will not be the same once you both are here don't waste your time or money please.But if your the type of person who loves consent drama,rude people,fakes,whores and homo sexuals then this is the place for you hun.
1st Year Male -- Class 2017