StudentsReview ™ :: East Tennessee State University - Comments and Student Experiences

Arkansas State University -- Jonesboro, AR
Alabama A&M University -- Normal, AL

East Tennessee State University

ETSU provides a great

Feb 18 2014Business - Management and Administration
ETSU provides a great environment for education- faculty, students and community are friendly and supportive. ETSU provides a great value in education.
4th Year Male -- Class 1969
Individual Value: A+, Useful Schoolwork: B+

Good: Small classes

May 03 2013Finance
Good: Small classesBad: Resources, Networking, Old facilities, I'm graduating and still don't really know much about my major lol
4th Year Male -- Class 2013
Perceived Campus Safety: A+, Individual Value: F

Overall I had a good experience at this

Mar 27 2013Physical Therapy/Exercise Science
Overall I had a good experience at this school. The unanimous point across all majors is to avoid BIO 1 and 2 at this school and take it at Northeast. The fail rate is +70% and the others that do pass have seen a 20-30 point adjustment on their grades just to get D- passing grade. That dept. has been under review/probation for that class and the professor seems to change every year or so. Otherwise, I had an excellent time with prob and stats(A), great professors in the exercise science, art,and english departments, and my federal work study job has been very enjoyable. Get excited about your major and get excited with your adviser about your major. This REALLY helped me getting into classes that I technically couldn't have taken yet but was given a permit to take them anyway, which really helped me finish faster. BE ALL OVER any paper work that you give the university. ALWAYS make 2 copies one for yourself and one to give. I've had a handful of times that would have been major problems had I not had my own copy. Best lesson learned: I had my GPA showing up incorrectly on my transcript on the registrar's online system(which they swore up and down could never be wrong). I didn't stop at that department, I emailed the Designee for Academic Affairs and she emailed me back that the system was in fact, wrong and the error was fixed. Also, check back on the status of any form you turn into financial aid every other day. After a bit they recognized my face/name and would do small favors, like push my fin. aid/loans through before anyone else was getting their's! Really learn to smile, be pleasant, and polite here; it will get you farther than you think and the staff really appreciates it.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2013