StudentsReview :: Dallas Baptist University - Comments and Student Experiences

Southwest Texas State University -- San Marcos, TX
University of Texas -- Richardson, TX
University of Texas -- Arlington, TX

Dallas Baptist University

I was given opportunities as a leader butSuper BrilliantBusiness - Management and Administration
I was given opportunities as a leader but over time because of a corrupt vice president and clicks and social politics from frats like Tau Alpha Phi and Psi Omega Phi, very cuthroat and socially rejecting experience. I was a good student, son from a line of evangelists and missionaries, felt unloved and North Texas in known to not be emotionally reciprocating. Male students dont even look at you if your not in their social status. I tried to say hi and talk with a leader in the Executive Vp office and he wouldnt say a word.

Im glad the school is better now but in 2011-2015 my perception of love diminished so much my serotonin brain levels(your sleep and love chemical in brain) are 60 which is none existent. I felt isolated, rejected, and at the end had no friends for all my work. Love and community are all superficial even in the church and self professing Christians. The love of most has gone cold.

I have been from dead end job to dead end job not becuase of the school, but because of how the school system ran socially. To feel reciprocation emotionally from other students is all I wanted. I wanted to be loved and they labeled me as greedy, money hungry and a class with all the students leaders looked at me with disdain and sat with each other and not me and did not say a word to me and derided me when I said anything about a topic.

I feel like God abandoned me and I feel all this immense pain and lack of love.
Fortunately I got with a good woman, but I went to my home country of India to find a wife.
America is not what it used to be, and people are lonely their and the trend is many American men are finding wives from other countries due to the pickiness of western girls.

I am still struggling today, Fortunately I feel happy and I have changed my life and my depression. I did all the work and no help from God for 4 years to turn my life around. I have no money but I feel love and healing after many years of depression, loneliness. I wish my college experience would have been the experience I never had in highschool.

Unfortunately I was at the right place at the wrong time.
Im sad.

4th Year Male -- Class 2015
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Collaboration/Competitive: F
Negatives:Quite BrightPolitical Science
Negatives:
I do not resent this school, my experiences, or anyone here, but there are some MAJOR DRAWBACKS that you must be aware of if you are considering going here. For instance, all students, and yes I mean all of them, recognize DBU as Duffle Bag University (not Dallas Baptist University). Seriously, the majority of students go home on weekends which leaves anyone on campus with nothing to do. It is an endless cycle of nothingness from Friday morning until Monday morning. It is quite unfortunate because it really hinders any potential community. There are fun things to do, but only for the first year. All events that are hosted are only geared towards freshman who want to meet other freshman. The academics are not very rigorous, the cafeteria is DISGUSTING because the food is often undercooked and unhealthy, and this school will suck all of the money out of you and your family. I have three words for you that define the status of DBU : GREEDY GREEDY GREEDY. Scholarships? They give very little to students. Furthermore, EVERYTHING at DBU costs money. Most of the events that should be free to students cost $10 or more which makes students not want to go to anything. Moreover, any campus job that you are interested in is worthless because they run you into the ground while disgracing your reputation by offering a pathetic wage. This is the truth. Although, most students don't mind because it gives them something to do since there's nothing ever going on here.

Positives: I appreciate that this school incorporates faith in everything because the professors truly exemplify Christ-likeness in most, if not all situations. I learned a lot during my time at DBU because of some of the staff and faculty members that fostered my growth as a Christian. Also, the students here are truly lovely people. Although I am transferring for the reasons above, I have made decent friendships. I'd say that everyone here is a truly genuine person, it is just a shame that DBU doesn't have more going on because people are at a loss with how to make community. I joined a great sorority, but even then, it was such a waste of my time because of all of the restrictions placed on fun activities within the organization. Advice: I highly recommend this school for students who have worried parents, who have a lot of money, who live close, or who are athletes. But, I highly DO NOT recommend if you are an introvert, middle class loan recipient, or a student who will be more than 45 minutes away from home.

2nd Year Female -- Class 1920
Useful Schoolwork: A+, Faculty Accessibility: F
Beware of Dallas Baptist.BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
Beware of Dallas Baptist. I was a recruited athlete and was told when I arrived on campus that my hair and the way I dressed would have to change or I would not "fit in" with the team. I kid you not, it happened. If you want to conform to their standards and basically be a robot without any creative thought or expression, then this is the place for you!
1st Year Male -- Class 1920