StudentsReview ™ :: Hesser College

BONUS: McIntosh College -- Dover, NH

Hesser College

Major: Criminal (This Major's Salary over time)
Gender: FemaleThis person cares more about Surrounding City than the average student.
Intelligence:
ACT:
SAT:
Educational Quality F
Describes the student body mostly as:
Broken Spirit

Describes the faculty mostly as:

Campus Aesthetics/Beauty C
How this student rated the school:
Survey is Blank

I attended this school simply because it fit my schedule and the Salem location was convenient. I was an adult student and, schedule-wise, it worked out well. To illustrate how ridiculously easy it was, I completed my entire 120 credit program in less than two years with no prior credit transferred. Other than an Algebra course and a U.S. History course and maybe a single Psychology course, I learned absolutely nothing. The school will accept everybody and anybody. There are no prerequisites such as SATs or ACTs required for admission. You just have to sign the financial aid forms. Many students are from depressed areas and speak English as a second language. It is my guess that the vast majority of students were at the bottom of their graduating class. There were very few exceptions and those exceptions were frustrated and angry. It was a total waste of time and money. As another poster stated, I have to lie about where I got my degree. I am embarrassed to voice the name of this college to those whom I meet socially. Sadly, I still have a lot of student loans to pay off and it sickens me to think I continue to pay for absolutely ZERO value and ZERO marketability. In most cases, classes dumb down to the lowest denominator and A's are routinely given just for showing up and I'm aware of students receiving A's who I rarely saw in class. There were endless videos or popular movies used as teaching tools, which is insulting and a complete waste of time and money. I took classes where I turned in lengthy papers only to find out that they were never read, no comments, suggestions. Nothing. As a test, I put bogus information in the body of my report and it was handed back to me with an A - No comments. Just the A. I guess that instructor never made it to page #3! The Career counselors have no clue whatsoever. It could just be that they have nothing to work with other than a pathetically embarrassing school and really dumb students. So, it's hard to gauge their ability when you have nothing to work with. In balance, I have to say that I did have some excellent instructors. Unfortunately, they ran the spectrum from excellent to those that needed to supplement their salary by teaching and evening or weekend class while putting in no effort.

More Comments on Hesser College