StudentsReview :: Philadelphia University

Campus Aesthetics/BeautyF FriendlinessC+
Campus MaintenanceA- Social LifeD+
Surrounding CityF Extra CurricularsB-
SafetyC-

Describes the student body as: Friendly

Describes the faculty as: Friendly

Intelligence
Academic Success
Creativity/Innovation
A
She cares more about Campus Aesthetics/Beauty than the average student.
Major: Design Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etc (This Major's Salary over time)
The first thing I can say about this school is that it always made me angry. It had potential but could never seem to live up to a true college experience. I started as a Graphic Design major and I hated it. First of all the freshman year foundations classes (basically the same for all of the design majors) are a joke. I repeat, A JOKE. I could have easily gone on the internet and learned all of those things in a fraction of the time. It was a waste of my life, I painted shapes and was told my craftsmanship was slightly poor. I did not pay money to paint! Once the actual classes got started, I learned that both my professors and fellow students were full of themselves. Everyone thinks they're amazing and try to bring you down. Its competitive in a destructive way. I considered dropping out.

When I switched to Digital Design, things got much better and I was happy I didn't give up. My professors were actually competent, and completely willing to teach and help. If I could say any of my money at this school was worth spending, it was in the last half of my college experience as a Digital Design major.

So why was I angry? Aside from only getting 2 good years of education (and a nice scholarship), the school itself made me feel awful in every way:
-The administration offices were the bane of my existence. I hated every one in charge at this school and with the exception of a few good professors, I felt like I was just a number.
-Aside from Architecture, Fashion, and Business majors, you are not a priority.
-Just far enough from the city that it is a hassle to go there more than once a week. Let's be honest, it's in the suburbs. More action/parties at a high school
-I also grew to loathe the city of Philadelphia
-Security is sometimes a joke. The area isn't so bad but still.

Lastly, why care about how pretty the campus is? Worry about the quality of your education. When I left it seemed they were making big changes so hopefully (depending on the major) you get something worthwhile.
Get free info from: Philadelphia University