StudentsReview :: The State University of New York Purchase College

1060
Intelligence
Campus Maintenance
C-
She rated most things higher than other students did.
Major: Music - Performance (This Major's Salary over time)
I'm so incredibly glad I came to the music conservatory at Purchase College. It was the best decision Ive ever made. At first I was skeptical of the program, but now I realize this is the best program in the country for vocal performance/opera undergrad majors, and I am so completely loving every aspect of the program and highly recommend it. The program is top, the professors are extremely acknoledgeable ( not to mention helpful, adorable, and hilarious! )and the classes are interesting. My voice teacher is incredible, and my lessons and art song class are definitely the highlight of my week. I've learned so much here in the past few months, and cannot wait to continue this exciting journey. I cannot say enough good things about the opera program here!
Here's what I think about everything else: I've have met the most incredible friends here and feel very welcome. Yes, every day at purchase college is halloween; people dress crazy, but that is what makes this campus different, diverse, and weirdly interesting.( Ok, more straight guys are needed) It's just close enough to the city, and good access to white plains.
A few things that need improvement: hm, can we say FOOD?! Let me just say, I regret taking a meal plan. The first time I ate at the dining hall, I was stuck in the bathroom for 2 hours, as were all my friends. Only eat at the dining hall for breakfast or to get apples and oatmeal raison cookies, this I've learned from experience. Terre ve is alright, but they don't have alot of options. Ritazza has quite good desserts, and the Hub is alright. Of course, I am already sick of the mushy chicken and rotten veggies. The food needs MUCH improvement!
The dorms need to be fixed up, as well as the builings and the buildings doors. ( very heavy) Apparently, purchase college was on the news the other day for worst college dorms. campus is beautiful in the fall, but no other time.
Also, health services needs to get their act together.
On another note, theres very little to do for fun at night on campus. Most of the time we say " hm, what do you guys want to do? " " hm , whats going on around campus?" " hm, nothing as usual". and spend an hour figuring out what to do. by the time we decide to do something, no one wants to do anything but sleep. Needs to have more social activities! MORE PARTIES! More nightlife! More classic college nightlife!!!!!!!!
Also, people in the opera department can get very gossipy. But, after all that, I love it here and wouldn't trade this opportunity or the people Ive met for anything. this is best school for my major and is fabulous. I love purchase!