StudentsReview :: Texas A & M University - College Station

Campus MaintenanceB Social LifeC-
Surrounding CityB+ Extra CurricularsC+

Unhelpful, Self Absorbed

Social Life
He cares more about Educational Quality than the average student.
Date: May 03 2013
Major: Electrical Engineering (This Major's Salary over time)
As of college experience, A&M is great if you are a white chrisitan who is super conservative and stupid enough to belive in the hpyed "Aggie Spirit". Aggie Spirit is simply a joke, I believe any rational human should recognize that, but few people openly talk about how ridiculous traditions are because that's not socially acceptable!

I haven't figured out why I should hate UT that much. I'm not a longhorn fan but UT doesn't bother me. Let's talk about aggie football, everyone is supposed to watch aggie football, tickets are overpriced, parking on gameday is tough. I hate football gamedays.

However,even though my experience is negative, your experience will be positive if you are white,christian,republican...

I came to A&M because the engineering is said to be high ranking. The ranking is high for a reason, there are a ton of engineering professors who have done outstanding research. But education quality is just another story. Professors are more interested in their research than your educaiton. The faculty/student ratio is way to small that professors don't have time to pay attention to individuals. In A&M, you end up teaching yourself. But this is pretty much accurate with other public colleges, so the education in A&M is decent(neutral).

College Station is a small city but decent. It boils down to your personal preference.
commentThe conservative leaning ways and the Aggie spirit are what keep A&M different from the rest of the country. I hope and pray that people with your beliefs take more time to research before taking a valuable spot away from some other deserving student. From an old Ag... Hi-way 6 goes both ways!
responseYou forgot to add that you are just another angry black person who cant stand to see themselves in the mirror and that you also must be homosexual. until you deal with your self, you will never make it anywhere.
responseJust another angry black person who cant stand to see themselves in the mirror and that you also must be homosexual. until you deal with your self, you will never make it anywhere.
commentComments and responses are very disturbing and do nothing but make me think the OP might be correct. Assuming he is black and homosexual?? If he was would he be unwelcome? Scary.
commentThe above responses are ridiculous. I am ashamed to say that I attend a university with people who share these values, so I would like to apologize on behalf of them. I agree with the OP in the majority of things. However, I am neither a republican nor a democrat and frankly politics do not interest me so I don't really care about these people being so conservative or what their beliefs are. However, I am an atheist, and I feel I haven't been able to meet many people whatsoever who share my ideals in that sense. Lastly, I am not white either, and I will say that I feel A&M has come some ways in their perception of other races, however, I will add that they still have ways to go. The student body is largely white who come from remote parts of Texas, and when your high school graduating class was 100, top 10% is not impressive, but sadly that is the majority of people you will find. People here also tend to have that "old ways is the best ways" mentality, drive huge trucks while not hauling anything in them, and quite a few wear boots and camouflage outfits and are generally close minded. I will say that I have not had any racist experiences in my one year attending this school. You will also see your large share of self-absorbed kids whose daddy pays for school and gives them a Mercedes to drive around in--this is not my crowd and I have had a very tough time making friends. If you're considering A&M, and want to give them the benefit of the doubt (like I did) despite reading largely negative reviews on the school's diversity--please come here. We need more people from all walks of life, because that is how the real world works.
Compare Texas-A&M-College StationSave Texas-A&M-College Station