StudentsReview ™ :: The University of California Los Angeles

University of California -- Berkeley, CA
University of Southern Colorado -- Pueblo, CO
Stanford University -- Stanford, CA

The University of California Los Angeles

Major: Philosophy (This Major's Salary over time)
Gender: MaleThis person cares more about Surrounding City than the average student.
Intelligence:
Super Brilliant
ACT:
SAT:
Individual Value C-
Describes the student body mostly as:
Friendly, Arrogant, Approachable, Broken Spirit, Snooty, Closeminded

Describes the faculty mostly as:
Friendly, Arrogant, Condescending, Unhelpful

Campus Aesthetics/Beauty A
How this student rated the school:
Educational QualityB Faculty AccessibilityC+
Useful SchoolworkA- Excess CompetitionB
Academic SuccessA- Creativity/InnovationB
Individual ValueC- University Resource UseC
Campus Aesthetics/BeautyA FriendlinessB
Campus MaintenanceA Social LifeB-
Surrounding CityC- Extra CurricularsB
SafetyC

I transferred here from UCSB and was really disappointed with my experience. UCLA was my top choice coming out of high school but I didn't get in so I went to UCSB and applied to transfer to UCLA and got in and attended for a quarter. By the end of my time at UCSB I really loved the place and was very conflicted about whether to transfer to UCLA or not but in the end I couldn't resist the prestige and rankings associated with UCLA so I decided to come. I ended up being very disappointed. I didn't have that bad of an experience at UCLA but it couldn't compare to the wonderful experience I had at UCSB. Here are some of the negatives I experienced at UCLA. The classes were HUGE. I completed all of my lower division classes so I'm talking huge upper division classes. My smallest class was 90 students and largest had more than 200. At UCSB I had upper division classes as small as 6 and 12 students.The students I encountered were a mixed bag, they ranged from incredibly arrogant to friendly. But there's definitely an air of arrogance present at UCLA that's not there at UCSB. My professors didn't seem to care much about the undergraduates and two of them would cancel office hours because graduate students wanted to talk to them. Classes were actually even easier than the ones I took at UCSB. If I had started at UCLA originally I probably would have liked it since I wouldn't have known anything different. But since I had a much more caring, academically challenging, and intellectually stimulating atmosphere elsewhere I was pretty disappointed. I've come away thinking that the school is thoroughly average when it comes to undergraduate education and is largely overrated.

More Comments on The University of California Los Angeles