StudentsReview :: The Colorado Academy of Veterinary Technology - Comments and Student Experiences

The Colorado Academy of Veterinary Technology

I absolutely love this school! There have beenQuite BrightAnimal Studies
I absolutely love this school! There have been a few staff changes recently, but I enjoy all the faculty. Our new teachers are very knowledgeable and it is so fun to learn from them. If you don't understand something they will take the time to help you.

All of the teachers want their students to be successful. They have office hours during the week and some even come in on the weekends to offer extra time to work on anything you want to improve on. They are so dedicated to their job.

The other students at school are also super helpful. If you need a tutor or extra help learning a hands on skill, other students are willING to help.

Everyone here works as a team and it's wonderful to see.
The classes get more challenging the further along you go in the program, but that is expected in any program. Study groups are a fantastic idea. I am so happy that I picked CAVT.

2nd Year Female -- Class 2016
Education Quality: A+, Campus Aesthetics: B
This is the worse school I have everAverageAnimal Studies
This is the worse school I have ever attended, as past reviews have said, unless you are a suck up, forget about even getting ANY experience. In my class we had a first quarter student who hadn't even taken basic animal anatomy placing an ET tube for DCP. I was a fourth quarter student who had not even done that yet but because the teacher liked this student, she got to place one.

I am a relatively good student when it comes to grades and have never failed a class before but unless you kiss ass you don't get experience and if you are a hands on learner, good luck with your exams.

One of the head teachers there just talked about herself the WHOLE CLASS! She talked about how great she was, and how many cat spays she's done (keep in mind she is only a vet tech) and she would talk about how her husband (the boarded surgeon at the school) was incompetent and he didn't know as much as she does. She even said that her and her family don't do Christmas at their house, they give a goat or farm animal to families in need, instead of give presents and that anyone who gives Christmas presents is just selfish!

There are students there who have not even graduated yet, and are teaching things like anesthesia!
They had a teacher fired because he was sleeping with one of the students and for some reason they had the student who he was sleeping with start teaching some of the classes! (She the black haired girl in the video on their website if you want to go watch)

They fire any good teachers and replace them with teachers who offer no help and don't mind breaking laws and ethical codes. They really just take all of your money and don't give you anything in return!

1st Year Female -- Class 2012
Surrounding City: A, Education Quality: F
By far the worst thing about this programQuite BrightPreVet and Veterinary
By far the worst thing about this program is Dr.Rubin, who runs the school. It is a very small school yet he knows nothing about the students. He is committing fraud by charging different students different prices for the same class. He also has made special arrangements with students to graduate without meeting the standard requirements byt taking a "special" test with him. This is against AVMA policy. The school is in disrepair and doesn't have the equipment needed. (The students recently purchased a $60 piece of equipment for a surgery because he was too cheap to make sure we had the proper equipment for our patient's needs). Most recently, a student obtained a copy of a midterm test and forwarded to a number of other students under the guise of it being a 'study guide'. Anywhere else this would be grounds for expulsion but NO action has been taken. The man is a fraud, a liar, and has a TERRIBLE reputation in the veterinary community (seriously - call around!!) There have been outstanding teachers in the school but unfortunately this idiot fires them. When anyone stands up and tries to get him to conform to the proper rules and regulations - he fires them. When I addressed concerns about this particular issue, he said that if I didn't like it I could leave. I have paid this man thousands of dollars and he shrugged his shoulders at me and said I could just go somewhere else. Anything positive in my review reflects solely on the teachers and not on the administration whatsoever. The teachers are being weeded off one by one and replaced with incompetent sheep who will go along with the OSHA violations and the disregard for AVMA regulations. I can't say it enough, this man is a crook, DO NOT GO HERE. Call around town and ask about his reputation. I wish someone had warned me!
1st Year Female -- Class 2016