StudentsReview :: The University of Hartford - Comments and Student Experiences

Northeastern Illinois University -- Chicago, IL

The University of Hartford

This school is underrated

Jul 10 2014Economics
This school is underrated. I have met so many millionaires and successful people that graduated from Uhart. There are a lot of success stories and great things about this University that are unheard of.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2015
Scholastic Success: A+, Innovation: C

I went to Hartford for all 4 years

Oct 08 2013Criminal
I went to Hartford for all 4 years. I was unbelievably rebellious and lazy in High School. I never wanted to go to college. I wanted to work in fast food or retail forever. Hartford sent me a free application in the mail and took me into "Hillyer" College with my D- / 1.0 / 60 High School average. They robbed father dearest of hundreds of thousands of dollars. But, he had no choice because he forced me into college and it was the only school I got accepted to. While I was there, I partied like there was no tomorrow. I made some friends there, the non-snooty ones from NY just like myself mainly, and we drank until we dropped almost nightly, went to parties, were up all night long, never went to class, never did a stitch of work, and I was a sorority kid as well. I got the minimum 2.0 and went into Arts & Sciences and majored in Criminal Justice. It was only in that department I went from failure to Dean's List and had a 4.0 GPA the last 2 years. I found what I loved, so I eventually stopped partying and I studied hard. I went on to get my Master's and graduated with a 4.0 from St. John's University and now work in the field of Criminal Justice. I got out all of my rebellious partying at UHA. Thank you, beloved school, for being my playground away from the fam! The professors were funny, cool for the most part, and taught me a lot about the field. The friends I made there, including my very best friend, are priceless to me still. The fun and memories can never be replaced. For the sake of memories and friends, and the good old college experience... I'd do it all over again. For academia... hell no lol. Hope this helped... Love you UHA!
4th Year Female -- Class 2006
Useful Schoolwork: A+, Campus Maintenance: F

I?m a freshman at the University of Hartford

Nov 06 2013Communications
I?m a freshman at the University of Hartford and unfortunately I will be transferring out of this school this upcoming spring semester because the campus, the people on campus, night life and the academics are all terrible. The University is sadly spiraling downward mainly because of the Hillyer College, which is situated on campus and accepts all students with learning disabilities.

The college of arts and sciences, which is the main school on campus, also appears to accept anyone who sends in an application. I?m not sure how these individuals are able to afford a $40K a year school; they look like they belong in a juvenile corrections facility.

You can only imagine the type of ?people? who attend here, but live on the main campus with the rest of the population. The freshmen dorms resemble a below poverty line neighborhood, with all kinds of (for lack of a better word) weird individuals hanging around making it impossible for a group of girls to walk in and out of their dorm. Student life is well below average (barring freshman week) as lots of students commute to the campus and there?s no one on the weekends. Greek life is not what I expected at all,they all pretend to be as exuberant and friendly, expecting you to rush but be warned, if you are not into the recreational drugs scene, you will not be accepted.

The town and bars are no better; very dingy and slimy places patronized by local older men looking for ?fun?. I personally know many girls who would rather stay and hang at Hawk hall rather than risk going to the bars. I won?t even bother elaborating how incompetent the staff is at the bursar and financial aid offices.

I think the school is aware of how it has changed in the past few years; they don?t even bother maintaining the buildings. Landscaping is non-existent and good luck fixing the heating and air conditioning when they break down. The professors are all apathetic and frustrated with the quality of the majority of students who attend here, and honestly, they can?t be blamed. The food is mediocre. For the extortionist amount of money they charge for tuition, they should be serving a five star restaurant fair.

Ironically, I should have taken the comments I read here seriously while I was choosing a college and I didn't.

I have to start all over again now and I regret every second, especially costing my parents close to $12,000 this semester. Learned my lesson?.

Get free info from: The University of Hartford