StudentsReview :: Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University - Comments and Student Experiences

Florida Atlantic University -- Boca Raton, FL
University of Central Florida -- Orlando, FL
University of Florida -- Gainesville, FL

Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University

I graduated from FAMU and I must say

Feb 17 2014Psychology
I graduated from FAMU and I must say it was the best experience. People complain about FAMU but i personally believe the school is what you make it. The psychology program has some of the best professors and they are really their to help you. I would recommend this program to anyone because they will not let you fall if you ask for help.
5th Year Female -- Class 2014
Education Quality: A+, Campus Aesthetics: F

I personally love famu as a whole

Jun 27 2013Criminal
I personally love famu as a whole. There are so many opportunities; however, it is VERY unorganized. I constantly defend my school to my friends that do not attend this school but I then have to deal with rude & unprofessional faculty. Financial aid is a huge hassle! Didn't get financial aid until the end of the semester. I am so glad I work hard and I don't have to depend on the $$$. New students beware if you don't have a strong support system but don't be discouraged. You can do it!

Excluding friends, there is no good reason to

Jul 21 2014Unknown
Excluding friends, there is no good reason to attend this school! Now a days, being an HBCU doesn't mean anything. The school curriculum focuses to much on black history, but that isn't the only thing holding them back. 90% of the staff will be UNHELPFUL when you have a problem. Had I known, I would have gone to Florida State University (like 5 miles from FAMU). The campus is much better, and while the school is predominantly white (ethnicity), a much better education and opportunity awaits. FAMU had/has a partnership in engineering with FSU and now they are about to separate. FAMU has much to loose, and they are the only ones to blame. College is no longer about education, but financial profit and FAMU is neck deep in that boat. You're only a customer attending this school, not a student. BTW, go into their offices because getting someone to answer the phone is RIDICULOUS.
1st Year Male -- Class 2016