StudentsReview ™ :: Full Sail University

Total Grad Surveys 7
Females 6
Males 1
Avg years at University 1.6

Waste of time, money, life

Mar 07 2014Other
Waste of time, money, life....laughed out of industry, degrees not respected. Couldn't apply for Master's programs at regional campuses, since Full Sail undergraduate degrees are unacceptable. Asinine amount of loan debt for undesirable degrees. Having to start all over in different field, not a single general education credit will transfer to a regional college (not even community colleges will accept Full Sail credits). Sorely regret having attended Full Sail; a mistake I will be paying for (literally) for the rest of my mortal existence.

I am happy with Full Sail

May 28 2013Other
I am happy with Full Sail. But do your research before you enroll! You are spending tens of thousands of dollars on a product and probably be paying off loans for years. So research it the way you would a luxury car, etc.

Two most important things: Accreditation and Cost. Accreditation: Understand what "accreditation" means. National sounds impressive but in the academic world, regional is more respected. If you're not okay with that, don't consider Full Sail for another nanosecond. Cost: Full Sail costs a lot. You graduate in a much shorter amount of time than other colleges, be it bachelor's or master's. Take that into consideration when you are reading people's complaints about the expense. My degree will cost only about 2/3 of what it would at a school that has only two semesters a year versus 12 months a year at Full Sail.

Re: useless classes in undergrad degrees. Basic reading, writing, history, etc. is required for any undergrad degree for the college to be accredited at any level (national, regional, or by the Candy Man). People who complain about this don't understand what a bachelor's degree is all about. If you want training only in your intended career, go to a technical/vocational school.

Re: Teachers. Some in the Full Sail Creative Writing program are friendly and helpful. Some are arrogant and self-absorbed. Out of my eight classes, I've had three complete duds. That's almost half. It doesn't matter how respected they are in your field if they give zero feedback/instruction. And at this level, especially in an online program, feedback is 90% of the instruction. If you want a degree from a regionally accredited school, don't go to Full Sail. If you want a degree that's respected in your INDUSTRY, with honest-to-goodness job leads, then Full Sail is right for you. You will bust your butt with the "one class every four weeks" schedule. Again, if you can't hack it don't go there. Don't complain about it once you enroll. You'll look like a jack*** to your classmates and, most importantly, to your professors, i.e., the people who could give you references.

Film Script

I don't know if I can call this

Aug 27 2012Fine Arts - Painting/Sculpture/Photography/etc
I don't know if I can call this a school or disaster. Everyone is complaining but nobody is giving us the answers. I have never seen this anywhere!!! The purpose of the school is to teach people get educated and this school has reversed the process. Now, the students are paying tons of money and teach each other. This doesn't make any sense to me. Why I have to be analyzing and reviewing and teaching other students while full Sail collects my money. From my interaction with some teachers, I found out they have no qualifications to be teaching in college and they have no clue about what they are teaching either. As far as I am concerned there is no teaching taking place in any of the classes. Not only that, but also, we have to teach each other??? It looks like having another job but, instead of getting paid, we are the ones paying. I am sorry but this "school" is a fraud without doubt and stay away if you are lucky.

I am graduating from Full Sail next month

Jul 21 2012Education
I am graduating from Full Sail next month and I have just found out that my Master's degree is not recognized by my school district, because Full Sail doesn't have regional accrediation. If this is the case, why is this school allowed to operate and give worthless degrees? Does anyone here know how I can get my money back?

Full Sail is a business with interest in

Aug 02 2011Education
Full Sail is a business with interest in your pocket more than anything else. Most of the faculty are not qualified to be teaching at the university level. They package old stuff and present it to you as some new discoveries. Don't be lured in by their recruiters that tell you that they have National accreditation which sounds better, but no nobody recognizes it. The degree from full sail is not worth the paper it's written on. So why should you go into debt when your degree wouldn't get any recognition. Check it out and see for your self. Don't get fooled by the recruiters who tell you what you want to hear.

Welcome to Fool Sale

Mar 18 2011Education
Welcome to Fool Sale. I have just found about the scam about the accreditation scam. So, if you are considering this school or you are already in like myself, you have been fooled. Your degree is worth nothing and your money is gone. Good luck.

The education given from this university is poor

Feb 12 2011Unknown
The education given from this university is poor. Even with their new degrees they are still and highly poor educated college school system. Faculty is negative at the same time they do not care about their students. Full Sail University credits do not transfer. So if the student wanted to transfer to a real college more than likely this will not be possible. I highly suggest before you consider this "university" that you highly do your research with other colleges. Consider thoughts from students who are really going to Full Sail University. As a graduate student I do not recommend this university to any one.
Full Sail is an Illusion

The truth is I love this school

May 25 2009Business - Management and Administration
The truth is I love this school. But you have to realize some things before attending. This school is a diploma mill, meaning if you pay and pass the midterm, final, and final project by memorizing you can get a bachelors degree. Also, the school is for profit, so the marketing to get you into to the school is brilliant, but since it is for profit they can afford to hire amazing instructors. If you are looking for a typical four year degree/university then do not come here. If you wanna dedicate two years of all your time to pursue something you enjoy, then come here. I never thought that my talent in accounting would lead to doing royalty calculations for an independent record label ( I love it, surprisingly). I hate hearing this saying "you get out what you put in" but it is so fucking true. This school will give you a degree, but they will not spoon feed you. You have to make the effort and put in the extra time. Since the school is for profit, the teachers are incredible, the speakers who visit the school are media industry leaders. It is up to you to gain the education of any other four year university here at Full Sail, because you can if you give a shit. Now lets talk about cost. Full Sail is over priced at first glance. But if you make an effort to find every scholarship available and also participate in work study through the school, the cost if very affordable. Do not pay full price, you do not have to. Moving on to career placement; I hear a lot of shit talked about this but the truth is stick with it. The people who talk shit are the ones who gave up after three months and got a regular day job. For example, my friend who graduated from Recording Arts first job was eight bucks an hour at Universal Studios and not even forty hours a week. But he stuck the with career development department and within a year he had a sound mixing credit on "imdb", and is a head engineer at a recording studio in Nashville. I love this school but I'll be serious, this industry is rough and competitive and people will discourage you, but if you really truly want a career in the entertainment industry come here, bust your ass and impress the staff and you'll go far, I fucking swear.!!!

I went to full sail back in 2005,

Apr 13 2009Unknown
I went to full sail back in 2005, and graduated with a associates in digital media, the expierience was not what they had or i had hoped it would turn out to be, this school lures students in for all the wrong reasons, come to find out later on in the degree program, i got in touch with someone who worked at university of central florida, and told me, full sail is not an accredited university and their colleges among others do not recognize their courses and credits to transfer, which was a real bummer...since i had paid this school over 25000 dollars for the program alone

Oglethorpe University (GA) 1:negative