StudentsReview ™ :: Cornell College - Comments and Student Experiences

Brown University -- Providence, RI

Cornell College

The Campus is beautiful

Nov 28 2013Biology
The Campus is beautiful and the classes are small. The down falls are what no body tells you about. The OCAAT Program is so rushed that you REALLY DON't LEARN and is way to rushed. Little to no opportunists =small school.
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Useful Schoolwork: F

I came to Cornell after attending two different

Sep 15 2010Psychology
I came to Cornell after attending two different community colleges in two different states. I was getting a better education at the CCs. The reason I left was because of the sheer stupidity of the students attending CC, in general, and I had hoped Cornell would have a more academic environment. I cried when I got here, after meeting some of the stupidest people I've met in a while.

The dorms suck: When I arrived, the windows were broken and there were no screens. The paint is peeling off the walls, and everyone says it feels like a prison. The food is terrible and has made me physically ill/throw up multiple times, and I am not alone. Cornell also tries to sell themselves as having a faculty that gets involved with the students, but it often feels that we are all alone here: It's literally like kindergarten without the adults. We go to class a few hours a day, and then are all alone again. The only reason I haven't left this nauseating place is because I've made a few really good friends here.

1st Year Male -- Class 2014
Perceived Campus Safety: A-, Campus Maintenance: F

Cornell will give you a solid education if

Sep 21 2009Religion/Religious
Cornell will give you a solid education if you are smart about choosing teachers. in an attempt to cut costs (something that the college focuses on above and beyond the usual university), there are a lot of under qualified temps that teach various subjects. the college rarely wants to give full salary to a good professor, so they hire people for one block at a very low price.

As for the social life, the college smothers it. They treat students like 5 year old children. the resident life staff is more interested in punishment and fines than safety. the surrounding town is no better. the police force is one of the best funded in the state (despite the town having a population of 1,500) because they arrest a student for (literally) anything illegal that is done. I friend of mine was arrested under paraphernalia charges because he had a lighter and was speeding (he smokes cigarettes).

Oh, and the food is terrible. If you attend this college, you will spend at least 500-1000 dollars extra just to eat off campus because of the atrocities that they attempt to feed you.Given the chance, i would leave this institution in a flash. However, they have managed to attract people that i like and until they all leave, i will stay here.

1st Year Male -- Class 2012