StudentsReview ™ :: Bay Path College - Comments and Student Experiences

Bay Path College

If you have a chance to go to

Oct 24 2013Psychology
If you have a chance to go to a different school or be a commuter here by all means do so. However if you are coming here as a resident, RUN the other way. Things to know before coming here. Well there is plenty of that. Mold grows on the ceiling in the kitchen, study lounge, and other areas. They only give excuses of why they can clean it up. If you somehow get in trouble on campus or you say something in confidence to your RA, everyone will know because your RA will complain about it during dinner, loudly. If you express an opinion during the Student Government Association, don't expect anything to be done about it. In fact when someone mentioned that one of the staff in the kitchen was being inappropriate, their response was unless they kill someone they cant be fired. This school also encourages you to rat people out. For example if you forgot to swipe your card at dinner and someone sees that happening they will report you, then you will have to explain to the integrity board and will have it on your permanent school record. The people in the financial and career services are never helpful and can be quite rude sometimes. Now I have mention many negatives about this school(theres plenty more). However there are good things about my school as well. Most of the professor love their job and really want to help you learn. The classes are usually pretty small depending on the class. The school does try to give you some help with financial aid.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2014
Campus Aesthetics: A, Friendliness: D

As far as the atmosphere of the school

Mar 06 2013Psychology
As far as the atmosphere of the school goes, it is very lovely. Beautiful brick buildings with lush grass and perfectly pruned trees make this campus look very inviting. The problem-- The class content is SEVERELY lacking and there is so much repetition it is unbelievable. These classes are supposed to educate students to prepare them for graduate school and a future career. I am sad to say that this school does not do that. I have learned the same material in 3 different classes. This is understandable as relevant information does tend to overlap, but the extent of this overlap was if the same exact manual was used for all three classes. This material is also information that is basic common sense information. They take simple pieces of information and stretch the information out to make whole classes. Bay Path also OVERENROLLS which causes the students to suffer not only in the classrooms (fighting for seats and being crammed together uncomfortably) but it also makes parking an issue... such an issue that they now had to hire parking attendants that stand around all day and point to open parking spaces (as if we don't know how to park our car in an open space). Who is paying these parking attendants??? THE STUDENTS MONEY! The parking issue could have easily been avoided if the school wasn't so greedy for students money and put a cap on enrollment, but sadly, they did not and we all suffer. I have taken several classes at two other colleges and recieved a cirtificate from one. Although that was over 8 years ago, I learned so much from the classes taken at other institutions. If I had not done this I wouldn't know how lacking this school is, which is why some people will disagree with me- because they have nothing to compare it with, or because they want to skirt by the radar and dont truly value thier education, just the piece of paper that comes along with compleeting it. All I know, is that while there are the select few teachers who provide a strong classroom learning experience and give you a lot of information to learn, and most are incredibly nice and accomodating, there are many that simply show up and repeat themselves every class-wasting your time and money. There are also many "fluff" classes which are created as job security for teachers. One class in particular is a class which teaches students how to interview and build resumes. Even if you are a 34 year old woman with a full time job and years of work experience, this class is MANDATORY for you to take. Why you ask? JOB SECURITY for the teachers. This school will waste your time and money. My advice- do not attend this college. Although it looks pretty, this is a mask to disguise its lack of quality in education. Many things are FLUFFED. They speak so strongly about how they want their students to be strong, independent women who are leaders (sales pitch), yet they treat them as children in many ways and frown upon anything that opposes conformity should it make waves for the faculty because it speaks about something that would require they take action to accomodate or even recognize it. Very disappointed in this experience. :( If this school would take time to listen to the concerns of the STUDENTS and ACT on those concerns, as well as develop a stronger cirriculum with communication among faculty so that classes arent being repeated several times, they have a shot. Until then they are simly a place to go if you would like to skirt by with minimal effort for 2/3 of the classes.I have one more year before I am done so I hope they prove me wrong. I hope that by reading this I can help someone else make an informed decision about furthering their education--take a strong look at the cirriculum and TALK TO FORMER STUDENTS- many of them can give you great insight. Several students feel the same way I do about this institution.. I found out when I was well into the program and it was too late to back out- I hope you have better luck.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2014
Perceived Campus Safety: A, Education Quality: F

I attend the accelerated program at the Burlington

Jan 09 2012Business - Management and Administration
I attend the accelerated program at the Burlington campus. If I was not as close to my degree I would quit. I would go to a real college. This place is giving me nothing but a piece of paper that the employers are requiring.

I am sorely disappointed with this school. I've only had 1 or 2 quality teachers. The quality of education is horrible.

They like to use self help books instead of textbooks. Their business policy class uses capsim.com and then they don't give us proper access to the computer labs.

Some of the classes are not even relevant to the degree. They are classes that should be optional couple hour seminars.

They love to repeat what they do for work from one class to the next.

Last but not least they pulled us out of the morning class for a ceremony for graduates one week and the following week they pulled us out to hear some motivational speaker talk to us. Well, that is all well and good but if I missed a class I would get marked down a grade! If you are thinking about the Saturday program don't do it.

Maharishi University of Management (IA) 1:negative