StudentsReview :: Southwest Minnesota State University - Comments and Student Experiences

Southwest Texas State University -- San Marcos, TX
California State Polytechnic University -- Pomona, CA

Southwest Minnesota State University

Baseball was my main

Mar 13 2013Accounting
Baseball was my main reason for attending SMSU. The baseball coach, Paul Blanchard, is a complete idiot. I will hate him for the rest of my life.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2014
Perceived Campus Safety: B, Extracurricular Activities: F

I wouldn't waste my

Jul 26 2013Computer Science
I wouldn't waste my time and money here. The students are stuck up and the females are jersey chasers and the sports here aren't all that good. The teachers don't speak English clear enough. If I could go back in time I would never attended this school!!
1st Year Male -- Class 2014
Campus Maintenance: B+, Education Quality: F

I came to this school about 2 years

Jan 28 2013Art & Design Department
I came to this school about 2 years ago and the reason why I decided to come here was because tuition was very cheap.If you are looking for a cheap college, Southwest Minnesota State University would be the one for you, I guess. However, the town this school is in is so small and dead. It is so boring. Not only the international students but also students from here usually gets so shocked if they were from cities area. It is so depression for me and almost all my friend to live in this town. People are usually friendly because this is a small town but the thing is everyone know everyone. This is sometimes very scary and annoying. I do not regret that I came here because I am an international student and this small school was kind to me when I came here. Also I don't have lotf of money to go to the expensive school so I thought SMSU was good deal for me. But now, I really want to escape from this school and from this town. Maybe because I am from a big city but this town is so dipression for me even I have lovely frineds to hang out and share this feeling...... I am just warning!
2nd Year Female -- Class 2015