StudentsReview :: Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University - Comments and Student Experiences

University of Virginia -- Charlottesville, VA
James Madison University -- Harrisonburg, VA

Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University

I'd highly recommend engineering as a first course

Apr 25 2003Aerospace Engineering
I'd highly recommend engineering as a first course of study. It structures your thinking, and teaches the correct ways to solve problems. Virginia Tech is an exceptional place to do this at an inexpensive state school. I recently had my 25th reunion, and one engineering professor I had was not only still teaching, but still remembered who I was.
Starting Job: Engineer Preparedness: B- Reputation: F

Virginia Tech was one of the best experiences

Dec 04 2002Business - Management and Administration
Virginia Tech was one of the best experiences of my life. Without a doubt, Hokies are very very loyal to their school, and there is a reason! Majoring in Management Science at Tech enabled me to get two fabulous high paying jobs right out of school, and set me up for a bright future. With a great football team to boot, I still come back often every year to see all my old freinds and experience Tech life all over again!
Starting Job: Consultant Preparedness: - Reputation: -

Coming to Virginia Tech was one of the

Mar 24 2003Psychology
Coming to Virginia Tech was one of the best choices I ever made as a young adult. At first I was hesitant about coming because of the enormous size of the school. But once I got here, I soon realized coming to Virginia Tech will be one of the biggest asset I will ever have in my resume. The atmosphere, the people, football; I love every moment of it. Its pretty sad actually, sometimes, I wish I was in school rather than home. But if I can give one advice to you all, it’s that even though the school may seem incredibly large, you never really notice it because Virginia Tech has one of the most beautiful campus, a wonderful academic program, and wonderful kind people. Why would you pay 30,000 to go to a university just as good as Virginia Tech? The cost for the academic programs they have to offer here is amazing.
1st Year Male -- Class 2006