StudentsReview :: Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University - Comments and Student Experiences

University of Virginia -- Charlottesville, VA
James Madison University -- Harrisonburg, VA

Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University

Virginia Tech was one of the best experiences

Dec 04 2002Business - Management and Administration
Virginia Tech was one of the best experiences of my life. Without a doubt, Hokies are very very loyal to their school, and there is a reason! Majoring in Management Science at Tech enabled me to get two fabulous high paying jobs right out of school, and set me up for a bright future. With a great football team to boot, I still come back often every year to see all my old freinds and experience Tech life all over again!
Starting Job: Consultant Preparedness: - Reputation: -

Good school that's fun

Nov 30 2002Computer Science
Good school that's fun to attend, but not much to do other than drink and party, Blacksburg isn't exactly a thriving city. School doesn't offer many "fun" classes, such as skiing, etc.
4th Year Male -- Class 2002
Perceived Campus Safety: A+, Surrounding City: C-

Coming to Virginia Tech was one of the

Mar 24 2003Psychology
Coming to Virginia Tech was one of the best choices I ever made as a young adult. At first I was hesitant about coming because of the enormous size of the school. But once I got here, I soon realized coming to Virginia Tech will be one of the biggest asset I will ever have in my resume. The atmosphere, the people, football; I love every moment of it. Its pretty sad actually, sometimes, I wish I was in school rather than home. But if I can give one advice to you all, it’s that even though the school may seem incredibly large, you never really notice it because Virginia Tech has one of the most beautiful campus, a wonderful academic program, and wonderful kind people. Why would you pay 30,000 to go to a university just as good as Virginia Tech? The cost for the academic programs they have to offer here is amazing.
1st Year Male -- Class 2006