StudentsReview :: Middlebury College - Comments and Student Experiences

Williams College -- Williamstown, MA
Williams Baptist College -- Walnut Ridge, AR
Amherst College -- Amherst, MA

Middlebury College

I am sorry that I chose a liberal

Nov 01 2012Language - French/Spanish/etc.
I am sorry that I chose a liberal arts school for my undergraduate education. In retrospect I would have done better at a college majoring in engineering or some other form of technology. I majored in German at Middlebury but spent a great deal of time and money getting additional training in the Sciences (mostly Physics). I ended up with a Ph.D. but could have done better financially with just a BS in engineering.
Starting Job: Teacher Preparedness: F Reputation: F
Jun 19 2012Architecture

Beautiful campus, very friendly students and faculty, charming small town, challenging academics.

3rd Year Female -- Class 2013
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Social Life: F

I was absolutely shocked to read some of

Dec 09 2013Neuroscience/Cognitive Science
I was absolutely shocked to read some of the comments below about classicism and snobbery at Middlebury. Based on the tones of some comments, it seems that some of the words may be coming from students who never actually attended Middlebury and/or may hold some sort of grudge. I say this partly because Middlebury is truly one of the most (if not the most) open and friendly environments I've ever been a part of. Yes, many students come from wealth, and many students are white, but this is typical of most top institutions, and any separation or alienation due to class or ethnicity is something I'm proud to say I've never seen here. There are students who come from poverty and students who come from millionaire families, but everyone seems to comfortably mingle together. Middlebury is an incredible place that is welcome to all socioeconomic backgrounds and ethnicities.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2015