StudentsReview ™ :: Philadelphia University

Hofstra University -- Hempstead, NY
Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania -- Bloomsburg, PA

Philadelphia University

Major: PreMed and Medical (This Major's Salary over time)
Gender: FemaleThis person cares more about University Resource Use than the average student.
Intelligence:
ACT:
SAT: 1850
University Resource Use C-
Describes the student body mostly as:
Friendly, Approachable

Describes the faculty mostly as:

Campus Aesthetics/Beauty A+
How this student rated the school:
Educational QualityB Faculty AccessibilityA
Useful SchoolworkB- Excess CompetitionA-
Academic SuccessA- Creativity/InnovationB-
Individual ValueA University Resource UseC-
Campus Aesthetics/BeautyA+ FriendlinessA
Campus MaintenanceA+ Social LifeC-
Surrounding CityB Extra CurricularsC
SafetyC+

I went to Philadelphia University for one year before I decided to transfer for a number of reasons. I would like to start by saying that PhilaU is a great school for someone who wants individual attention and to walk around a campus that is beautiful. It is also really good if you know what you want to do going in. I was in the PA program which is honestly why I attended the school in the first place. The reason I ended up leaving was a couple of things. First off I felt that I was never challenged at this school academically. I was able to pull a very high GPA with minimal effort and was never really stretched or pushed academically. People should realize that this school is a major commuter school with very little social life on the weekends, many people go home and as an out of stater it made it sometimes difficult to enjoy being at a place where there wasn't much to do. The clubs are good but there are limited in number and scope. Another issue with PhilaU is to me it just felt like an extension of high school that I lived at. Ultimately I left because I wanted to be better challenged and get the college experience of sporting events, school spirit, traditions, ect.

More Comments on Philadelphia University