StudentsReview :: Humboldt State University

Intelligence
Social Life
Campus Aesthetics/Beauty
A-
He cares more about Extra Curriculars than the average student.
Major: Biology (This Major's Salary over time)
I wouldn't recommend this school unless you are very conservative or plan on majoring in the Arts. Some of the most bigoted crap I've ever heard has come out of the mouth of students in the Fisheries and Forestry programs. Don't think women deserve equal rights or cheap healthcare? Think gun ownership is the most important part of being an American? Think that George Zimmerman is a national hero? This is the place for you!!!
I myself am a Fisheries major but because of the atmosphere created by other students I spend all of my free time in the art department!
Additionally the school itself makes no attempts to cover up the fact that the university is here to make money, not give you a worthwhile degree. While working for the US Forest Service over my breaks I have repeatedly been informed by my employers that Humboldt State is NOT very prestigious...and yet the school (a.k.a. the people you're paying) vehemently claims otherwise. The Forest Service, being one of the main employers of Natural Resources majors, has even informed me that I should not make my time at HSU a focal point of my resume! Overall I'm extremely disappointed and would recommend that, should you have the option, you get your degree from somewhere else! Perhaps programs like the Arts carry a bit of clout in the field, but the only people telling me my Fisheries degree is worth squat are the douchebags I'm paying an exuberant amount to.
One last thing: class schedules are HORRIBLE!! Many of the classes that are core to majors are only available for ONE section every other semester...this means if you screw up, you're either going to have to take online classes (most likely through another University the selection here is horrible) or postpone your graduation by at least 365 DAYS!!! Campus police spend all of their time attempted to bust kids lighting up on campus or in the adjacent forest rather than doing a damn thing about the ridiculous level of bike thefts...but I'd be lying if I'm even disappointed by this fact anymore...this place will kill what little faith you have in higher US education.