StudentsReview ™ :: The University of Oregon

University of Washington -- Seattle, WA

The University of Oregon

Major: Other (This Major's Salary over time)
Gender: FemaleThis person cares more about Social Life than the average student.
Intelligence:
ACT:
SAT:
Social Life D
Describes the student body mostly as:
Arrogant

Describes the faculty mostly as:
Friendly

Campus Maintenance A
How this student rated the school:
Educational QualityB Faculty AccessibilityA-
Useful SchoolworkC Excess CompetitionB
Academic SuccessC Creativity/InnovationC+
Individual ValueC- University Resource UseB+
Campus Aesthetics/BeautyC+ FriendlinessB
Campus MaintenanceA Social LifeD
Surrounding CityD Extra CurricularsB
SafetyC-

I first went to Portland State University and I wish I never left to come here. The U of O basically only cares about sports and keeping to the status quo. Athletes are extremely privileged here and the University is very slow to adapt to environmentally friendly and sustainable practices like banning bottled water, composting etc. PSU is WAY more progressive than U of O. Tuition at UO goes up every year. It has risen 115% in the last 10 years which is higher than Oregon's inflation rate and higher than any other Oregon state school. And the education is certainly no more challenging or engaging than what I experienced at PSU. I was a straight A student there, and I am a straight A student here, I don't feel more challenged academically since coming to UO. The students here are arrogant and shallow, it feels like high school all over again. People are literally completely obsessed with partying, football, hooking up, and being cool, which is fine, that's college, but it's excessive here and it's hard to find anyone who isn't this way. The UO will spend your tuition money on favoring athletes, renovating buildings unnecessarily, huge billboards advertising sporting events and who knows what else. I am not getting my money's worth here and I regret coming to this school. I love Oregon, but the city of Eugene is one of the most boring places I have ever been. There is nothing at all to do besides party with a bunch of arrogant high schoolers and it rains for about 9 months out of the year. Eugene is very beautiful in summer and spring but so is the rest of Oregon and it's just not worth it here.

More Comments on The University of Oregon

I couldn't agree more and this is absolutely true. The University of Oregon cares more about your money than your education. I am a freshmen (Class of 2016)and trust me do not I repeat do not spend your parents hard earned money here especially out-of-state students. Black people do not come here you will be very disappointed. I have so many stories and experiences here that it will take me all day to write.

commentI am an African American student at UO (not an athlete) and I love it here. The academics are wonderful and so is the support system. At UO, you get all of the benefits of a huge flagship school in a mid-sized campus. Eugene is a great college town too.

responseWhat was Portland state university like? I'm a prospective student and I was thinking about applying there.

#School Safe