StudentsReview ™ :: Roger Williams University

Amherst College -- Amherst, MA
University of Massachusetts Amherst -- Amherst, MA

Roger Williams University

Major: Undecided (This Major's Salary over time)
Gender: MaleThis person cares more about Campus Aesthetics/Beauty than the average student.
Intelligence:
Not so bright
ACT:
SAT: 880
Faculty Accessibility F
Describes the student body mostly as:
Broken Spirit

Describes the faculty mostly as:
Unhelpful

Safety B-
How this student rated the school:
Educational QualityD Faculty AccessibilityF
Useful SchoolworkF Excess CompetitionF
Academic SuccessF Creativity/InnovationF
Individual ValueF University Resource UseF
Campus Aesthetics/BeautyF FriendlinessC
Campus MaintenanceC Social LifeF
Surrounding CityD+ Extra CurricularsF
SafetyB-

I would recommend against coming to RWU. I acknowledge that this school may be the perfect place for some, but I can't say that I am amongst those. My grievances with the school lie in the poor social life, "cliquish" high school extracurriculars, poor undergraduate advising, and the bureaucracy. The parties at RWU are off-campus, but are usually broken up so it is pointless to go to them. Therefore, if you are a big-parties I would advise you not to come here. If you liked social "cliques" in high school then you will love RWU. For example, I was in debate but quit after it became apparent that it felt more like a high school extracurricular than the "typical high school experience." I did not want to do activities just to fill time and make myself attractive to prospective colleges which is essentially what I did by joining debate. Therefore, it was time-consuming and very unenjoyable. As a Freshman, I understand that I can not declare a major. I, however, did fill out a form prior to Preview that specified my interest as history and that I would be paired up with someone from the history department. What I got, however, was a biology advisor and felt mislead from day one. I hardly ever talk to my advisor about stuff relating to declaring majors, courses, etc. as she does not know anything outside of what is necessary for bio. majors. Therefore, I have learned only to rely on myself in finding out what courses I need for my major. The bureacracy here true to what the Princeton Review reports is definitely a nightmare. Finding the right person to talk to about a specific economic problem is very difficult. For that very reason, it is best to look elsewhere if you want a smooth transition to college. Overall, I can't wait to transfer to another college. If you want a school that has a good academic reputation along with a good social scene, go elsewhere!

More Comments on Roger Williams University