StudentsReview :: Liberty University

Campus Aesthetics/BeautyD FriendlinessB
Campus MaintenanceC Social LifeB-
Surrounding CityC Extra CurricularsB
SafetyB

Describes the student body as: Friendly

Describes the faculty as: Friendly

Intelligence
Campus Aesthetics/Beauty
D
A-
She cares more about Campus Aesthetics/Beauty than the average student.
Major: Business - Management and Administration (This Major's Salary over time)
As a transfer student out of PCC in Florida, Liberty was a GIFT. The rules were absolutely more reasonable at LU. Do I think they could have let us dress down for classes - yes. In the grand scheme, though, I had a stellar work wardrobe when I was finished.
I can honestly say, that for a Christian college, there is a lot of value at Liberty. I feel my education was competitive, and I had no problems gaining admittance into the Master's program of my choice. In fact, I am now a college professor at JMU in Harrisonburg, VA.
Despite Jerry's media presence, I continue to be proud of my time at LU. I made some fantastic friends (that I still keep in touch with 12+ years post-graduation), and I'm in a dream job that is directly attributable to some of my instruction from the School of Business & Gov't faculty.
I even work with my former RA and her husband here at JMU. It's a small world...and we're doing just fine.
The accreditation status is definitely a plus. It helps for advanced degrees not to have to explain the merits of your previous degree program --and that's a luxury when compared to other Christian institutions.
If I had it to do all over again, I'd absolutely re-do my time at LU. The university could indeed benefit from increased school spirit, less emphasis on losing sports programs, and more emphasis on academic, merit-based scholarships. But, these problems are not unique to LU. There will always be something to complain about wherever you go - work, school, or otherwise. Try to take it in stride. If you want a good education, you can get one anywhere - LU included. From the faculty side of the fence, I thrive on students that really want to learn...and don't come into a program with a sense of entitlement (i.e. I did my 4 years, now give me a degree). Quite frankly, if that sense of entitlement is pervasive in your way of thinking, by all means, go somewhere else. Otherwise you risk de-valuing my degree, and the degrees of those before and behind me.
Get free info from: Liberty University