StudentsReview :: The Otis College of Art and Design

Pratt Institute -- Brooklyn, NY

The Otis College of Art and Design

Alumni Survey

Intelligence
Major: Design Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etc (This Major's Salary over time)
i wish i would've transfered out. i could not get one on one help, i was ignored a few times in foundation. i could not get the classes i wanted or needed for my choice of career.they promise to help you get a good start to a great job but i feel they were very selective of who they wnated to exceed. A lot of favortism to favorite students and they rest were kind of on the side lines. Too expensive to be in this school, the prjects depending cost alot of money. I have not found a job and I in serious debt. i wanted to quit but they are persistant in keeping you there claiming they will help you.
questionSo beyond the actual cost of tuition and material fees, you still had to pay out-of-pocket for projects? I just went to their open house and need any more info you have. Debating if you can just learn what you need on your own or if they actually place you. I heard they have internships.

responseMy name is Yvette and I work at Otis College of Art and Design as the Dean of Admissions. I am genuinely sorry to hear that you feel that your academic experience at Otis was not a positive one. I would encourage you to reach out to the Center for Creative Professions at careerservices@otis.edu for assistance. They collect job postings designated only for Otis alumni, and offer a wide variety of services. We do want all of our alumni to be successful, employed, and have satisfying careers in their fields. To answer the question regarding out of pocket costs, the costs for supplies and books are paid by the student. The costs vary, depending on the type of work you make. You can receive financial aid for expenses beyond tuition, like supplies, transportation, etc. I would keep in mind that the costs for tuition are based on the one on one training you receive from your faculty. We are a non-profit institution.