StudentsReview ™ :: The University of Southern California

University of California -- Berkeley, CA
Stanford University -- Stanford, CA

The University of Southern California

Major: Chemistry (This Major's Salary over time)
Gender: MaleThis person cares more about Faculty Accessibility than the average student.
Intelligence:
ACT:
SAT:
Faculty Accessibility D+
Describes the student body mostly as:
Friendly, Arrogant, Snooty

Describes the faculty mostly as:
Condescending, Unhelpful

Extra Curriculars A
How this student rated the school:
Educational QualityB- Faculty AccessibilityD+
Useful SchoolworkB+ Excess CompetitionC
Academic SuccessB- Creativity/InnovationB+
Individual ValueC- University Resource UseB-
Campus Aesthetics/BeautyB+ FriendlinessA-
Campus MaintenanceB Social LifeC-
Surrounding CityA- Extra CurricularsA
SafetyA

I am a hardworking student, who enjoys learning for the sake of learning. I am a freshman here, so I have been here for around two months....and WOW did I make a mistake. I really am not happy with my decision. Here are the good and bad things about the school: Good: -The weather is really nice....can't beat the California sun. -Generally, people are laid back and approachable. -You do feel safe on campus, despite it being in a bad part of town. There are always security cars driving around. -Most of the buildings are clean and newer. Bad: -The majority of teachers are awful. They may be very smart, but are not good at teaching. They treat you as a number, not a person, and are even a bit rude. When approached during office hours, they are hardly welcoming, and make you feel as though you are wasting their time. -While most students are approachable, they are in general very obnoxious, loud, and immature. I have never seen such a concentration of immature people in my life. -This is a serious party school- DO NOT come here if you are the least bit opposed to drinking/partying. I am very opposed to it, therefore I am having a hard time finding people with similar views. -The students are generally very spoiled. You always see girls with their $500 boots whining and complaining to each other about how awful their lives are and how they have a midterm coming up or something.....hello- midterms are part of college. -Counselors of all sorts are very rude and unhelpful. I don't blame them for being tired with all of the crap that the spoiled students give them though. -This school is way too focused on it's name, and not focused enough on its students' success. All the school cares about is money and reputation. -This school is way too entranced with football and drinking. That is about all there is to do here. If you are into those things, you will probably love it, but for someone who isn't, it is not the right fit. I have only been here for 2 months but WOW was it a mistake.....I realized it right after orientation (pretty soon, huh?) that this was not the place for me. I cannot wait to transfer.....seriously, I'm counting the days.

More Comments on The University of Southern California