StudentsReview ™ :: Knox College

Earlham College -- Richmond, IN
St. Lawrence University -- Canton, NY
Beloit College -- Beloit, WI

Knox College

Major: English (This Major's Salary over time)
Gender: MaleThis person cares more about Surrounding City than the average student.
Intelligence:
ACT: 27
SAT:
Surrounding City D-
Describes the student body mostly as:
Friendly, Afraid, Arrogant

Describes the faculty mostly as:
Helpful, Arrogant

Academic Success A-
How this student rated the school:
Educational QualityC Faculty AccessibilityB
Useful SchoolworkB- Excess CompetitionC-
Academic SuccessA- Creativity/InnovationC-
Individual ValueC+ University Resource UseB
Campus Aesthetics/BeautyB- FriendlinessB
Campus MaintenanceC- Social LifeC-
Surrounding CityD- Extra CurricularsC+
SafetyA-

A lot of people seem to really enjoy Knox College. I was not one of them. Some people there are very nice. Knox was sold to me as a vibrant, artsy, organized, and strong-willed community. Upon arrival, I found little to support and much to disprove it. Nearly all who stood out as being artists or more "artsy" individuals seemed to have a hard time coming to grips with themselves and their individuality. That was also my impression of most everyone else on campus. The literary magazine at Knox, CATCH, is horribly pretentious to the point of being straight-up bland and laughable. A majority of the population at Knox is pretty heavily into the party scene. I'm not the kind of person who is against casual drinking or smoking, but campus is one big walk-of-shame on the weekends. Socially, it felt a lot like a junior high mentality, which I found irritating. The academics really seemed just okay to me. It felt like a step back from the classes I took the last two years of high school. I went to a nice public high school, but I'm confused as to why I spent so much money on uneventful classes. Day-to-day life on campus is also nothing to write about (the exception being the library, which is quiet, beautiful, and calming). The carpet in my dorm room was terribly old and the community showers were nasty. The majority of the dining staff was nice, but the food was only alright.

More Comments on Knox College