StudentsReview :: Cornell University

2200
Intelligence
D
Campus Aesthetics/Beauty
He cares more about Individual Value than the average student.
Major: Biology (This Major's Salary over time)
I came here from a state school hoping to escape closet racism, anti-intellectualism, and overall apathy. I have found all of those aspects here at Cornell. If you aren't hearing about "how f*cked" someone is for their upcoming "prelim" (a snooty word that Cornell loves to use instead of the word "test") because they "totally didn't study at all and will completely fail, lol!", then that might be because you are instead overhearing some guys talk about how they snuck into a crowded frat party and stole 2 beers from their cooler.

People here think they're the shit because they are better at playing the admissions game than students at other schools but I haven't really seen any glaring differences between my peers at my state school and here.

Academically - I am only taking 12 credits and am just as busy as I was when I was taking 15. I do think its a little more rigorous here and I guess that's why the degree carries such weight. Unfortunately about a third of what I'm doing is busywork that is harshly graded by nitpicky TA's who would much rather be doing their own research rather than grading students' hastily scribbled worksheets.

I don't know what I expected coming here from my old school. College is college... do your 4 years and get out.
commentI am wondering if you have ever been to another university? Unfortunately, this is what you have to deal with every day, everywhere, with many people. Are you sure you didn't ask if those people are human or robots?
Get free info from: Cornell University