StudentsReview :: Columbia Southern University - Comments and Student Experiences

Brown University -- Providence, RI

Columbia Southern University

Dec 18 2014Business - Management and Administration
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Due to what I read online in various reviews, I was concerned about my CSU degree being nationally accredited through DETC. I am very happy to be able to say that I was accepted into a state school with one of the best distance learning programs in the nation, to pursue my graduate degree. The university I'll be attending is regionally accredited and they had zero issues taking my CSU degree. I am completely satisfied with the education I received at CSU, and have no complaints. A note to prospective students: be prepared to write! I took about 25 classes here, and the average amount of writing was 15 APA formatted written pages per class. Just because its a distance education school doesn't mean you get a free ride to a degree; you will have to earn your grade here.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2014
Education Quality: A+, Useful Schoolwork: B
Oct 13 2014Business - Management and Administration
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
CSU is awesome! Any online school you look into will have it's fair share of complainers and negative people who are just mad for reason or another, but CSU is good. I have attended a Community College as well as another Popular online school and neither could compare to CSU! CSU, has been consistent in every area, period. I graduated with My A.S. this year and I am thoroughly satisfied. Also, do not be swayed by it's National Accreditation status. National Accreditation is just as viable as Regional Accreditation, one is no better than the other despite what you have been told. The U.S. Department of Education recognized both, as does the military and employers. Schools that hold a regional accreditation would like you believe that their status is better simply because they have been around longer but trust me, this is false. If you choose CSU you will not go wrong.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2014
Education Quality: A+, Innovation: B-
Apr 08 2014Unknown
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
~ Online only school ~I was worried about attending an online school due to what I have herd about it being so much harder than an on-campus school. I was two classes shy of my associates (where I received credits from a local community college) when I took a break from schooling 13 years ago. I am very impressed so far with Columbia Southern. The teachers are more than helpful and will do what they can do to help you in any way with your studies. I love that CSU doesn't require you to log on at a certain time for class work, as long as assignments are turned in every Saturday and Tuesday. Going back to school online has helped me with my busy schedule.
1st Year Female -- Class 2016