StudentsReview :: Columbia Southern University - Comments and Student Experiences

Brown University -- Providence, RI

Columbia Southern University

This is an "on-line"

Feb 23 2014Other
This is an "on-line" university, so the campus and social life questions do not apply.
The education is first rateMust be self motivated
3rd Year Male -- Class 2005
Education Quality: A+, Campus Aesthetics: F

~ Online only school ~

Apr 08 2014Unknown
~ Online only school ~I was worried about attending an online school due to what I have herd about it being so much harder than an on-campus school. I was two classes shy of my associates (where I received credits from a local community college) when I took a break from schooling 13 years ago. I am very impressed so far with Columbia Southern. The teachers are more than helpful and will do what they can do to help you in any way with your studies. I love that CSU doesn't require you to log on at a certain time for class work, as long as assignments are turned in every Saturday and Tuesday. Going back to school online has helped me with my busy schedule.
1st Year Female -- Class 2016
Education Quality: A+, University Resource Use: C

As a senior at CSU (and a senior

Jan 22 2014Business - Management and Administration
As a senior at CSU (and a senior in life) I was quite happy with the CSU workload and the staff... that is until recently!!! The "Academic Advisor" that I was assigned has failed to contact me in almost two MONTHS!!! However, I only have ONE course left with CSU so I guess I don't represent much potential revenue generation so she has stopped contacting me completely!!! I emailed her again a couple weeks and once again she failed to reply! Even sent an email to another CSU rep and haven't heard from them either. Seems like if there's no money in it for them, they couldn't care less about the so-called CSU "student".Seems CSU might be pissed-off because I used CLEP & DSST to finish off all but one course to get my degree!!!
4th Year Male -- Class 2014