StudentsReview :: The University of Central Florida - Comments and Student Experiences

Florida State University -- Tallahassee, FL
Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University -- Tallahassee, FL
Florida Atlantic University -- Boca Raton, FL

The University of Central Florida

Electrical Engineering is just

Oct 01 2014Electrical Engineering
Electrical Engineering is just Computer Engineering Light at UCF. Be prepared to do a lot of programming and working with bits moreso than electrons. Great location for internships, but if you're considering the degree make sure you like programming and computer hardware/software.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2016
University Resource Use: A+, Faculty Accessibility: F

I loved everything about

Jul 16 2014English
I loved everything about my time at UCF. The campus is beautiful. The professors were knowledgeable and friendly. My classmates were amazing and lots of fun. I cherish the memories of my time there.
1st Year Male -- Class 2009
Education Quality: A+, Useful Schoolwork: B

I came to UCF not knowing what I

Oct 01 2014Biology
I came to UCF not knowing what I wanted to do. And I don't think I chose the right major after taking a 'Strategies for Success' class. It took about 6 years for me to find a job that I really liked with decent pay. I honestly wish I chose a different major than biology, because there may be jobs out in the field, but hardly any paid more than $35K a year. The degree was way too hard for that type of income. Professors were a mixed bag. Some terrible and tenured, others terrible and inexperienced. I maybe had one or two that were good.
Starting Job: Environmental Scientist Preparedness: F Reputation: C-