StudentsReview :: The University of Central Florida - Comments and Student Experiences

Florida State University -- Tallahassee, FL
Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University -- Tallahassee, FL
Florida Atlantic University -- Boca Raton, FL

The University of Central Florida

I loved everything about

Jul 16 2014English
I loved everything about my time at UCF. The campus is beautiful. The professors were knowledgeable and friendly. My classmates were amazing and lots of fun. I cherish the memories of my time there.
1st Year Male -- Class 2009
Education Quality: A+, Useful Schoolwork: B

This school is horrible! I have been bullied

May 02 2014Other
This school is horrible! I have been bullied by faculty and if you report it then they will only cover for the faculty members. What ever happened to zero tolerance for bullying? Also my roommates were horrible they damaged my property and got away with it while I was stuck cleaning up a mess. Most students there are stuck up and think they are better than everyone. The housing is ridiculously expensive for a DECENT place to live. This school is on the news every week for crime. Stay far away from this place! It's been a nightmare since I've been there!
2nd Year Female -- Class 2015
Innovation: A+, Faculty Accessibility: F

If I could go back in time and

Mar 25 2014Other
If I could go back in time and do it all over again I would in a heartbeat. From the time of orientation you are treated as just another number with a dollar sign on their head. Being out of state I thought orientation would be an opportunity to maybe meet friends and feel like i made the right choice since i was a transfer student, instead from the moment it started the people who were talking at orientation were arrogant and snotty. On my first day at ucf i made my first visit to the financial aid office and this is when my nightmare started (the knightmare puns arent kidding) The financial aid office WILL NOT help you at all, you are just another number and could careless about students. They messed up my fafsa and somehow i ended up getting nothing (when i shouldve gotten something) because of the arrogance of these people. Theyll tell you off the bat that they cant help you. Its the same with other offices. No ONE knows anything, I spent an entire day going from office to office and no one ever helped. And i wasn't the only one. In my many visits to ALL the possible student offices i made there were students in my same situation who were offered no help. Money is their number one priority. The people who go here are average, but it is extremely hard to make friends if you dont know people from high school. My roommates, who were from florida and had been attending the school for 2 years didn't have any friends either. The girls are snobby and the guys are only looking to hook up. It is usually quite easy for me to make friends but not at this school. The school spirit is awful and the academics arent even challenging. The people are quite dumb.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2015