StudentsReview :: The University of Central Florida - Comments and Student Experiences

Florida State University -- Tallahassee, FL
Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University -- Tallahassee, FL
Florida Atlantic University -- Boca Raton, FL

The University of Central Florida

Electrical Engineering is just

Oct 01 2014Electrical Engineering
Electrical Engineering is just Computer Engineering Light at UCF. Be prepared to do a lot of programming and working with bits moreso than electrons. Great location for internships, but if you're considering the degree make sure you like programming and computer hardware/software.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2016
University Resource Use: A+, Faculty Accessibility: F

I came to UCF not knowing what I

Oct 01 2014Biology
I came to UCF not knowing what I wanted to do. And I don't think I chose the right major after taking a 'Strategies for Success' class. It took about 6 years for me to find a job that I really liked with decent pay. I honestly wish I chose a different major than biology, because there may be jobs out in the field, but hardly any paid more than $35K a year. The degree was way too hard for that type of income. Professors were a mixed bag. Some terrible and tenured, others terrible and inexperienced. I maybe had one or two that were good.
Starting Job: Environmental Scientist Preparedness: F Reputation: C-

The reviews of UCF just show how many

Nov 21 2014Communications
The reviews of UCF just show how many whiny people there are that are bringing this country down. The only reason I was compelled to write a review is because I feel bad for anyone that is trying to decide where to go to school and may not go because of the junk that posted here.

I will be graduating this year and can honestly say there is absolutely nothing wrong with going to UCF - it's a good school in a good city and you should be proud of the fact that you are there. The one persistent problem the school seems to have is overcrowding and large class size, but that is mostly for your gen-ed's (I took most at Valencia which I suggest to save $). Even for the large classes the professor's are good, and if you are engaged and put forth efforts in the class you will learn a lot and do fine.

A lot of the people posting here think it's the school job to wipe their butt, which UCF is NOT going to do. Keep in mind it's your responsibility to look at your major requirements and figure out what courses you need to take, it's your responsibility to make appointments with the advisers, it's your responsibility to pay your tuition on time, etc. If you expect all this stuff to get done for you, you will fail (and you deserve to).I think UCF is one of the best values in the country when it comes to a major university. I am taking 6 classes this semester and my tuition bill (with fees) was less than $4000...once again that's 6 classes!

3rd Year Male -- Class 2014