StudentsReview :: Valparaiso University - Comments and Student Experiences

Purdue University -- West Lafayette, IN
Drexel University -- Philadelphia, PA

Valparaiso University

Jun 24 2014Mechanical Engineering

its one of the worst. I'm transferring next semester

2nd Year Male -- Class 2015
Perceived Campus Safety: A, Individual Value: F

There grading way is the worst in Mechanical

Oct 24 2014Mechanical Engineering
There grading way is the worst in Mechanical Engineering. I am transferring next semester because I work very hard and I dont get good grades. Two of my major classes the average grades are F and the prof does not think that is his mistake. Also, the campus looks great but valpo is very small and BORING, Do NOT come here, you will regret it.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2016
Campus Maintenance: A+, Scholastic Success: D-

I came to Valpo as a transfer and

Jun 20 2014Biology
I came to Valpo as a transfer and right away fell in love with it, but I put in a lot of effort to meet people which I think is key at Valpo. Join greek life, go to events, hangout at the library, make the most of everything and go out on weekends(if you're into that). It does get a little socially boring but find your group of friends and you'll be fine, thats the way it is everywhere. Valpo has a great downtown that I don't think enough people take advantage of. I went down there at least once a week when it was nice out. We are also within a half hour of the city and the dunes! Everyone goes to the dunes on reading day, thats a lot of fun! Having a car on campus is a great, there are ways to get around the "freshman can't have cars" deal. you'll figure it out. Sports are not that big to go watch, Ive been to a some basketball games and 0 football games(except homecoming). Just make the most of everything and you'll love Valpo like I do!
2nd Year Male -- Class 2016