StudentsReview :: Creighton University - Comments and Student Experiences

Marquette University -- Milwaukee, WI

Creighton University

I remember looking at reviews for Creighton beforeQuite BrightFinance
I remember looking at reviews for Creighton before I decided to enroll and I ignored many of the negatives because the students were obviously mad and just ranted. What I didn't notice was that they were all saying THE SAME EXACT THING. The registration system is really messed up. Some midwest students come in with 40+ transferable credits. That's not even possible to accomplish in my area. So all theses kids come in sophomore standing, steal the class you NEEDED to continue with your major and you have to override or talk to you advisor about alternatives. Putting that aside I really hated my time outside class here. Do not come here if you're from the coastal areas. The weather was pretty harsh but I didn't see that as the main issue. I just felt like my way of life didn't even exist here. I grew up playing a lot of sports. I was busy playing staying fit and hanging out with friends. I felt like the two categories of people at Creighton were people who watch Disney Movies on Friday nights and people who black out Friday at the bar, stumble out of bed at 11am, and crack open a cold one to fight off the shakes just in time for college football to start. I tried both groups out, then decided I shouldn't have to put myself through this anymore. Omaha has bars, restaurants that close at 9, homeless, and shootings. People work there during the day and they immediately leave to go home after. It's no place for a university.
1st Year Male -- Class 2015
Faculty Accessibility: A-, Education Quality: F
Not a friendly campus, the students come fromBrightBusiness - Management and Administration
Not a friendly campus, the students come from private Catholic schools and seem to think they are better than you. The social life is very exclusionary. You will not be invited to join things and be a part of things unless you have an in somewhere. The Greek system is filled with arrogant people. I don't understand this school's social set up. Its just not fun and the people are not nice. Any clubs you want to join requires some sort of interview process and its designed to eliminate you, not to include you. Its nonsense. I can't recommend this school because the social aspect is a big part of the college experience.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2017
Education Quality: A, Friendliness: F
Just a few minutes ago, I wrote aQuite BrightBiology
Just a few minutes ago, I wrote a very, very long but informational review however I forgot to add a few things.

First off, PLEASE DO NOT fall for the trap of "everyone here is so nice" because quite honestly, thats a load of BS. Yes, most students here will open the door for you and do similar actions of common courtesy, but they have very tight cliques and many here are nice genuine. Genuine/sincere differs from nice in the sense that being nice has to do with how one acts at first reputations, but sincerity has to do with what one;s true intentions are and if one is loyal or not. Luckily for me, I could see right straight through the load of BSof "how nice everyone is" on the first day. To top it all off, people later on in the semester say "it's all about the attitude". Trust me, if you want to stay here all four years and don't intend on transferring, then just stick to academics and if you make friends or people want to be friends with you, then good for you. But make sure academics are your priority here. You'll know what I mean when you come to Creighton.

The frist thing I wanted to add was that for minorities, this school is kind of tough to be honest. For some it won't be but thats because they do things that most high school boys (yes, i say high school because many fellow freshman here are not mature but try to act like they are) do, such as lifting, wearing nice clothes, trying ti get girlfriends instantaneously, etc. Now don't get me wrong, there are some people here ho aren't part of the minority and are extremely nice. As someone who is coming fro Hawaii, I personally ydont find the Hawaii people to be the best because I;m more social than them but not as social as people from the midwest or other parts of the mainland. Anyways though, as another review mentioned, this school really does like to point out that it has minority. it showed in a video for example of students of different religions in the church here fro some event, yet other religions are not really taken that seriously here. Obviously that occurs because this is Catholic institution. And since I;m no that topic, every student here needs to take theology, but let me tell you, if you are a student who is not Christian or Catholic or similar, it is going to be much harder and not so much of a review. The second thing I wanted to add was about the students here. To be quuite honest, the main people that were the nicest were some people from Honors (they are quite snobbish but they don't try to fit in and they just do themselves, as in "you do you"), some upperclassmen active members in my fraternity (because most of the nicer people here this year in my opinion are the juniors and seniors), and I am not joking about this next one but, some of the Sodexo workers (lunch/dinner workers), the workers in this school who don't teach, and some of the professors who have a true passion for teaching and research or just teaching. But yes, the sodexo workers work so hard and have to deal with so many students who are not grateful for food on a daily basis. Constantly I hear from whining students how bad the food here is and that the good but unhealthy food in Skutt student center is overpriced. In my home, we ate the same meal for two or three days and maybe two or three different meals were cooked interchangeably, as everyone was working or going to school, so I find food here to be not bad at all. College food will obviously not be restaurant quality, but the complaining here about the food, which was initially okay, has gotten much more serious and more common to the point where it;s just annoying. People should be thankful of food in general, let alone throw it away and call Sodexo bad. Even though many Sodexo workers are no initially nice on the front, it;s easy to see that they care, and they are genuine, which most of the people in this school are not.

1st Year Male -- Class 2019