StudentsReview :: Adelphi University - Comments and Student Experiences

Fordham University -- Bronx, NY

Adelphi University

Oct 26 2013Business - Management and Administration
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Overall I have enjoyed my start as a business student at Adelphi... first off, the campus is beautiful and very well maintained. Recreational and theatre facilities are top notch. A majority of the professors seem to know what theyre doing and I think the course load is reasonable. In addition, the food is decent and you have a few different dining options.

With all that said... the social life.... well yeah not too great. A good portion of residents leave for the weekends. So if you don't come from around the area you may feel trapped. Basically there is no *on campus* social life. The university does make an honest attempt to make suggestions, sell discounted tickets to events off campus and host an occasional event on campus. The fact is there is no wild crazy college party environment here. If you enjoy some peace and quiet like I do then you may not mind it as much. But if you do want a big social life, you can make it happen you just have to meet people who also want one. The immediate surrounding area is very upscale and nice, and there is plenty to do within driving distance. There are a wide variety of students here. Some students clearly come from money, while others don't. Don't be surprised when you see students pulling in with luxury cars. The student population is very diverse and so far I have found everyone to be very accepting and open.

1st Year Male -- Class 2017
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Individual Value: F
Jan 19 2013Unknown
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
If you want to major in Biology, Adelphi is not a good choice. The labs are dated and they need new equipment. Campus is empty because its a commuter school. If I got into CW Post I wanted to attend there.
Dec 06 2012Communications
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Let me be the first to say that Adelphi was not my first choice school, but I chose to attend here over NYU, Northeastern and Fordham.

I'm a double major in journalism and sports management as well as a member of the Honors College. I can say that in my experience, as with any college, Adelphi is what you make of it. I can say that through three semesters so far, I've loved my experiences here. Our sports management department is one of the top in the country, and the department has connections to the Knicks, Nets and Rangers organizations as well as opportunities abroad as far away as Australia. I have similar praise for the communications department - extremely helpful faculty for the most part and everyone in the department knows each other.My advice for students is to GET INVOLVED. Even if you commute, join some clubs. Stay on campus during the day, get an on campus job if you can. Some of my closest friends are my coworkers.

1st Year Female -- Class 2015